Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WHat the heck is going on here???????????  (Read 3802 times)

minicop

• Old Timer
WHat the heck is going on here???????????
« on: June 19, 2006, 09:44:12 PM »

Is it me or does it seem like we are starting to fall into a bunch of Groupies.  Instead of one big family its like we have all of these little packs.   

I sit here and read these posts about the big rides, all we get even from our newly found leadership is ooops, ohwell, maybe next time.   

I remember in a year past we had already had a couple of VTX rallies under our belts, now its,  "ow hey maybe in a AUGUST well get one going" or "I heard of this one".  I appluad all the little guys here trying to get something going.

But, I gotta tell you, I dont know,  its JUST my opinion, but to me.   It seems to me the only thing good we did by voting in leadership  was kill the life out of this group.

BBB was great and hats off to those guys  and you know who  I am talking about.
BUT>>>>>> and I'm not  pointing fingers at anyone.  But, what the hell happened to the meet and greets,  You damm sure dont hear anything coming from the leaders here. 

If I piss you off or offend you thats good either get started doin' or get started gettin'.  Because quite frankly I dont care.  I damm sure dont like reading posts about,  The old guys only making certain runs and the whos who of not whos not going to make the others.   This group gets larger and larger everyday.   And all we care about is the old groups on the bigs runs.  I mean, didnt we learn anything from BBB oooops  I mean BBT. 

I guess while I rant here WHat I'm trying to say to the leadership that was voted in is,   You have an obligation to hold this thing together forming runs and getting the new riders involved,  to plan runs and not rely on the ole' buddies to make the annual runs.  Like I said I applaud the lil guys here trying to make it happen.  But, quite frankly its not your job,  Lets start making these leaders do the job they were voted in for.  The Term President on down to treasurer is not just  a title so you get to lead a pack of guys down the road.   But, its to make  the things happen as so we can meet and travel down that road. 

Im done bytch'n  Like I said "get busy doin' or get busy gettin'  either was get busy doing something.
minicop O0

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: WHat the heck is going on here???????????
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:45:27 PM »

But, I gotta tell you, I dont know,  its JUST my opinion, but to me.   It seems to me the only thing good we did by voting in leadership  was kill the life out of this group.
You damm sure dont hear anything coming from the leaders here. 
I guess while I rant here WHat I'm trying to say to the leadership that was voted in is,   You have an obligation to hold this thing together forming runs and getting the new riders involved,  to plan runs and not rely on the ole' buddies to make the annual runs.   Lets start making these leaders do the job they were voted in for.  The Term President on down to treasurer is not just  a title so you get to lead a pack of guys down the road.   But, its to make  the things happen as so we can meet and travel down that road. 
minicop O0

Minicop, I understand the frustration, but, the prez doesn't have a obligation to do any of those things you are attributing to his "job". His role is a minimal one, and I personally like it like that way. While trying to get interest for a central location, I remember someone typing that " RD says to feel free to try to get a meet up" (I'm paraphrasing here... I'm getting too old to remember verbatim). I kinda' took a little offense to that, as it almost sounded like he was giving his consent to do it, like we needed his consent. I really don't figure that was his intent...it just kinda' came out that way, and of course, this didn't come straight from him anyway.
   The whole idea of a president "calling" a statewide meet was one of the main things we organized against. It is up to us "little guys" to KEEP things going.
   I often thought Gator got carried away ::) planning things, but he  got them started. He looked up more places than my "puter has in it! I thank you for that Gator...no slight intended. We miss ya' Gator, C'mon back now, ya' hear? Chad and I tried to get some interest going, but it didn't play out for hardly anyone it seems.
   Kenny has got something going...pretty much just made decisions (I followed the thread Kenny... I know you didn't bend fingers :)), and thats how it should be, by my reckoning.
   The Houston/Austin/Temple area ALWAYS has meet n Greets that rival some of the statewide meets. They are just that organized. We need to do our own thing up here, and maybe others will feel like joining in. There are getting to be a few more people up here now. (even though most are about 120 miles from here) I think you're about 100 away yourself or more, a good haul for an evening (after work) meet, but hey...I'm game. How about Greenville, will that be close enough for you and Chad? We might even get some Dallas and Plano riders, and Rowlett too :).
Thats about 120 from my house, But I could be there by 7 after work. I know a great chinese restaraunt in Greenville that has a indoor bar and a fantastic buffet too. Plenty of parking. I have a real neat place here to go to, but I'm so far off the beaten path, I don't figure that would ever fly.
   The Saturday or Sunday before the fourth... Lets plan something. Holler at me and I'll meet ya' anywhere you decide. Call it Buzzard Billys, or wherever. That seems to be the way to get something going anymore... just say we're going, tell everyone to come, and it will happen.
We could get something up down towards Tyler or Nacgidoches where a lot of our newer group lives.

We are the "riders of the X". We gotta make things happen, not RD. Hell, RD doesn't stay in Texas too often anymore himself :) ;D He's either riding the perimeter or crossing the border!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:51:42 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 11:53:40 PM »

Thanks snake, whatever I do is never ment to eXclude anyone!!!! When we did the thing at Turkey Roost I begged people to come and why they did not I don;t know!!!! Those that did had a great time and want to do it again. Some of us will be in Colorado the end of june to the first part of July, this is no secret and limits what I can do this mounth. August is a state wide meet at Las Casas in Temple . Please come, everyone is welcome!!!!! State wides should be central and I can not help it if I live in a central area. That does not mean if someone put something together out of central I would not come.. I have been to most of the statewide meets (all I could) whever they were.... Even if they were an area meet,if it fit a time frame I would come. What can I say???  I hope the BBT problem never happens again. If it does so what, it was not  intended to hurt anyone!!!!  Now back to the Turkey Roost thing, I worked hard to put that together aand put up 350.00 dollars of MY money. Only a few came where were you minnicop I don't even remember a post from you..Thanks to the guys that did come I was not left holding the BAG!!!!!! Sept. is open at this time..... Put something together!!!! NEED I SAY MORE?????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:12:04 AM »

Moving popcorn from ride board to here.  ;)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:47:44 AM »

Hmmm... pass the popcorn please
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:55:40 AM »

I am sure RD would be than happy to listen to any suggestions you may have. Just shoot him a PM.

There will be alot going on at the Lonestar Rally in November and I hope to see you there bro...
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:03:56 AM »

Some of us will be in Colorado the end of june to the first part of July, this is no secret and limits what I can do this mounth. August is a state wide meet at Las Casas in Temple . Please come, everyone is welcome!!!!! State wides should be central and I can not help it if I live in a central area.

Yeah, I had planned on going back to Colorado this year also Kenny, but unless I win the lotto, it looks like it isn't happening. I haven't gotten to work enough overtime this year yet...only 160 hours so far. Temple is 300 miles from my house, and I'll probably be giving up overtime to be there, but I'll do my best to make it.

Minicop, How about this Wed or Thursday night in Greenville??? Call me at 903-244-1651 if you're interested.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

RedDragon

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:20:01 AM »

Hmmm... pass the popcorn please

Here you go guy's

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »

Minicop - everything you mention comes from the membership, not the elected officials.  If there is something someone wants to do, like organize a state wide in their area - post the darn thing, along with suggested eating places, lodging, local points of interest and cool roads to ride.

Just two weeks ago, there was a large group that went to Llano.  Some from as far away as the Beaumont area.  That ride was organized by the members.  The leadership took the idea and did the grunt work for all the logistics of the ride.  Well attended.

And don't forget the RAT ride.  That was a marathon.  Consider how tired one is after a 350 mile day.  Now do that 9 days in a row.  The ride pretty much took in every area of the state so members could have met and even tagged along for a bit.  That was organized by the leadership.  Not sure how well attended. - Only 3 made the whole ride.

BBB - Membership organized.  Leadership participated and, in fact, set up routes to ride.  Well attended.

BBT - Leadership organized.  Well attended.

Lake Belton Camp Out - Many claimed they would make it. Only about 3 did the ride.  I admit, I was a no-show.

If it seems cliques are forming - then absolutely YES - each of us needs to look in the mirror and resolve that problem.  Not at the leadership.

I've met you and would consider you a leader - maybe not an elected one, but one other riders will follow.  Plan something.  If I can make it - I will be there.  I think others will also.

Due to the size of Texas, huge group meetings are very difficult.  The membership is extremely diverse.  Some like long rides.  Some don't.  Some like group rides.  Some don't.  Some have kickstands that fail, some don't.  The fact of the matter is Time and Distance is this group's true enemy.  Yes - the leadership certainly has a role in managing that enemy.  I'm sure it is a difficult adversary.  Glad I don't have to do it.

The fact of the matter is - our enemy forces us to be more regional in most of our ride plans.  Short of shrinking Texas, it is a factor to contend with.  It is the price we pay to be the greatest State on the planet!!

I ain't the leadership's butt boy.  Frankly, other than RD, I couldn't tell you who they are.  Don't care really.  I just hate rubber.  I try to ride all of it off my tires every chance I get.

Minicop - please put up a couple of suggestions for a group huddle and many of us will try to be there.  I will be back July 10.  Other than work related issues, I will do everything I can to be there - even if it is just you and me.

By the way - thanks for the wake up!!!  Twice now - BBB and this post.   

Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Phoenix2000

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »

If there are some one day rides it would be fun to do... make a meet point and be there. If no one shows up then oh well you tried, but if a few people show up then ride your butts off. it only takes a few people to ride and challenge one another and to have a blast.... As Nike says... "Just Do It"

BDC

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »

Not to flame or piss in anybodies Cheerios, but you guys aren't sheep! Anybody in any region can call out a ride anywhere you want too.. Don't get me wrong, I like to plan stuff, I have did it many times in the past along with others here in DFW... There has been talk within the "Bod" members about a state wide ride/meet..If you guys want to plan one, by all means plan one!

I think I'll shut up now! >:(

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:01:04 PM »

Before the statewide meets last year - it was the same thing: houston meets, austin meets, dallas meets, etc. The statewide meets just started last year and there were a handful of those. Then they stopped. Now they are trying to get things together again.

This is nothing new - people in "cliques". If you wanna plan a ride - plan one. If people show up - GREAT! If you wanna plan a meet - plan one! If people show up - GREAT! Texas is a really big place - it's impossible for everyone to get together all the time.

But I really don't think the clique thing is anything new. And it's not meant to be exclusionary. Wanna participate - jump in!  ;D
Well behaved women rarely make history

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »

This has always been a pretty loose organization with the idea that we really didn't want intrusive leadership or dues. Mission accomplished....RD volunteers to do this with no renumeration for his time and I would take my hat off to him if I was wearing one. The problem with electing a leader is that most people will sit around and wait for him to make all the decisions then express their displeasure when he doesn't do exactly as they would have. I don't claim to speak for RD and from what I've seen he wouldn't need me too, truth is I barely know him but I'm sure RD (who has done a pretty good job in my opinion and asked nothing in return) would gladly pass the baton to those who felt they had more to offer for a job he neither campaigned nor asked for...Someone mentioned geography as a determining factor in getting people together and I would have to agree. Hey it's a big state full of busy people. Let's ride together when we can and ride some more when we can't...
 I'm not slamming anyone here I hope, just spending my . 02 ( it was burning a hole in my pocket) :-X
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:00:20 PM by evilashx »

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »

Maybe some thought needs to be put into adding a Heading on the home page for statewide updates. I haven't been participating long so maybe I should'nt butt in here, but my biggest problem is I can't figure out a lot of times where everybody is. Granted I don't know you guys like it seems you all know each other, but maybe one day I can participate in a meeting, ride or whatever.

I used to be President of a local association and a State Association and I know the biggest problem any association has is motivating members. The best way to motivate members is to communicate with them.

For what it's worth only.

Dusty

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58:50 PM »

Break out the 3D glasses  8) and send for more popcorn!   :-*

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal