Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Choppers Inc.  (Read 1251 times)

Roller

Choppers Inc.
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:05:31 PM »

I just got back from vacation in Melbourne, Fl. and stopped by Billy Lanes shop to get a couple of shirts for friends.  I've been in there probably 4 or 5 times before, but this time Billy was in the shop working on a new bike.  The Discovery Channel was in there filming for a new build-off episode coming out in December.  The bike was hubless and Candy red.  He was tig welding and making jokes for the camera.  Couldn't take pics because of the filming, but it was pretty cool.  My kids got a big kick out of it and wanted to know why we don't have a shop like that here in Beaumont. :'(.  (maybe because it's BEAUMONT.  It's not the armpit of Texas, but you can smell it from here).  :P 

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Choppers Inc.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »

;D :D ;D :D ;D
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »

Dude, I bet that was cool
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »

nice. O0

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:16:14 AM »

His bike aren't actually hubless. The hubs on his bikes are realy big and are hollow. O0
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

Tank

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »

That sounds cool. On the hub thing. I thought it was magic that held them together.

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »

Hubless wheels do exist. But not on his bikes. His have really large bearing with a huge hollow center.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

Roller

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:33:53 AM »

It's hubless compared to mine.  The price paid for shaft driven.

He did have his brake on the tranny.  It was real small, the disc was about the size of a cup saucer.  It leagally qualified as a brake, but I don't think it would stop you where you wanted to stop in a critical situation.  It sure cleaned up the back of the bike tho.  I couldn't see if there was a front brake or not.  Guess it doesn't matter since it's a 'show' bike. 
   That's one thing that perturbs me about all of these bike builders and their show bikes.  They usually dont install proper brakes, turn signals, tanks that hold more than 1 gal., speedos, or horns.  Put all of that stuff on and still make it slick and original.  That would be using the imagination.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal