Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Texas Summer Heat  (Read 3747 times)

galpd320

Re: Texas Summer Heat
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

NEVER MIND ......... ::) ::) .......... I went to a web site that calculates wind chill...... any temp above 50 degrees has no wind chill it stays the same as the temp no matter what the wind speed :P :P

WHEWEE I need to watch my hydration maybe even start hydrating the day before a big ride  O0 O0

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/windchill.html

I played with that calculator, and it seems kinda funny that 50 degrees and 60 mph wind feels like 39, but 51 degrees in a 60 mph wind feels like 51  ??? I think they may have written the program at 50 degrees and below or something.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:33:32 PM by galpd320 »

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »

Thanks for all the good info. I don't really think about how hot it can be but even on short rides it gets pretty dang hot.
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »

yeah thats why you have to ride early cause the closer to noon the hotter it will be
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 09:08:43 PM »

Has anyone used a Kool Tie?  They work good?  I think I'm going to get a camelback, seems pretty smart for longer trips.

I have a Brand X Kool tie, I used it today for the first time. It seem to help but I wasn't out long. It is still cool tonight at 10:00. I am thinking about making them, Marigold said she has made them before.

BTW my big thing I do before a long day of riding is limit myself to 1 cup of coffe if any that morning and drinking a big thing of Gatorade before I ever leave the house. It realy seems to help if you start out well hydrated. Believe me I know I got sick the first day when I took the motorcycle saftey course, did that the next day and it helped. Been doing it ever since. 

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal