Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: unhappy with Geico so far  (Read 4523 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
unhappy with Geico so far
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:23:05 AM »

Okay so you know  Marigold and I both had a little mishap on Sunday the 28th.

She called her insurance  from the accident. Her adjuster was out to her house by Tuesday afternoon.

I called my insurance on Monday (Memorial Day). Some guy from Dallas left me a message Tuesday and played phone tag for another day. It appeared his only real job was to explain to me my policy and the fact that I had no medical on the policy. He  said someone local would call me (an auto adjuster). He also said that he would come out to my house and look at the bike. He asked if my bike was drivable and I said not legally becuase of the tail lightThat was Wednesday pm. I called him Friday midmorning because no one had called me yet. He said tey didn't call me today it would be Monday or possibly Tuesday if they were doing a lot of hail damage claims, blah blah blah.

Today is Tuesday I just recieved a message from Charles from Geico he wants to know if I took the bike to a shop yet to get an estimate.

Needless to say I am PISSED! I tried to take my bike in on Saturday just because I was leary about having one of their "auto" adjusters come out and give me an estimate. But my back hurt and my helmet felt tight so a I went
a couple of miles and turned around.

Now I am pretty sure I don't want to get an estimate from Charles but I have wasted a week.

I am sure by the end of the day I will call customer service.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: unhappy with Geico so far
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 10:08:40 AM »

one of our guys works at pasadena honda. I know it's a hike, but at least he's a familiar face. he's got a new silver tribal 1800F model and used to have  black 1300C. I think his name is anthony (sorry, man, I just can't remember).

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »

When you get your bike fixed and paid for, all of us will go on a gecko killing rampage for you.  Actually I have a bearded dragon that finds them quite tasty. ;)

Seriously though, Jerry is correct.  Do you need to trailer your bike to the repair shop?
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Todd

• Tejano
  • HA HA Avatar works! (now if I'd only update it)
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 04:35:43 PM »

Its the insurance adjuster's job to make sure Geico pays the least amount possible (ethically, or not) to settle your claim.

Its your right to get your bike fixed, promptly and properly (within your insurance policy limits) at any reputable place of your choosing.

Looks like he's doing his job.

Appers to be time you start exercising your rights. ;)

Just my thoughts.

Todd
Swing the Swappers!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 06:05:34 PM »

Todd, somehow, I don't figure that is what she expected to hear! :) You don't sell insurance do you????
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »

Snake, my first impression exactly!  lol

UncleMike

• Rider
  • Plano, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »

Sheri,

Sorry you are having to deal with such a hassle, but thanks for sharing the experience.  For my dollar, this is the best advertising to go with someone other than the lizard.  I hope you feel better soon and are ultimately treated fairly.  Let us know how it turns out.
Ride Safe and Ride a lot!
-Mike

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

Hey! Ya'll don't blame the lizard! It's the humans fault!!! O0
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 07:55:43 PM »

Be sure and get a detailed / printed report from whomever you get "your" estimate from........something to compare with the one from GEICO as that will make a difference.  I'm sure they will try and lowball you on the price of parts etc, not to mention missing some things that will need fixing/replacing.
'02 C with a few extras

VTXDEMON

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:33 PM »

well, Sherri...  What can I say...  some of the things that have been posted are true, some are not.  First of all, I hope you are ok and didn't get hurt.  This is what I would do If I were you.

The fack is that it is true...there is an overflow of claims for all the hail damage in San Marcos and Austin...  You may think so what??  what does that have to do with me???  well, most insurance companies don't have alot of field estimators that can estimate a motorcycle.  I know for a fact that ST Paul Travelers only has one in the Houston area.  So I suggest for you to take it easy...  this will take a while...  Don't waiste your time going to get estimates, 3 guys can look at your bike and you will get 3 different estimates, wait for geico's estimate and take it to the place where you want to get your bike fixed.  Ask around, maybe some of the fellows here in the board have had a claim and got their bikes fixed.  Keep in mind that motorcycle dealers do not paint parts, they will try to sell parts that are already painted.  If they have to send parts out to a shop this may take a while.  Now to give you some piece of mind, Geico is a good insurance company, I deal with them just about every other day and they will be glad to pay your claim.  I suggest that you call Stubbs Cycles, the yhave a Harley dealer and they probably have handeled a gread deal of claims, it will be to your advantage to select a repair facility that has a good working relationship with the insurance company, you may even want to ask Geico if they deal with a repair facility in a regular basis with motorcycle claims.  If they do, don't hesitate to take your bike there, this will give you some leverage and better customer service.  Hope it goes well for you. :)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

Sorry to hear about the mishap. There's been some pretty good advice being passed on. One thing that wasn't mentioned, that I found out during my Deer accident, insurance company's are opting to repair any bent metal they can, instead of buying new. ie: fenders. Lucky for me, there was only a $23 difference in the price, so I forced them to get me a new pre-painted front fender from Honda. 8)
I sure it goes without saying, once this claim is settled, I'd go shopping for insurance. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 07:04:40 AM »

I just got Geico for my bike, but only my bike...  I think if you take the bull by the horns you'll be happier.
My now long gone VTX...

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »

I don't think it makes much difference.  Most insurance companies are the same unless you have a good agent that will pull some strings.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 04:06:22 PM »

I guess I had a very Good Claims Adjustor.

I called the day of our accident. Wanted to make sure I had Medical if I needed to go to the Hospital. Which I didn't. Thank God. The Lady asked me for a phone number where they can contact me and then gave me a Claim Number. I had to scramble around for a pen to write it down. Fast Service..... ;D ;D

My Claims Adjustor called Monday. Now remember it is Memeorial Day. I was surprised he called and stated that to him. He told me he wanted to let me know he will be by around 2 or 3 pm the next day to look at my bike. I asked him if he rode and he tells me he did 12 yrs ago when he started with Progressive/Driver Insurance but after what he has seen he decided he didn't want to ride anymore. So that tells me he knew something about motorcycles. He only looked at Motorcycles, Skyjets and ATV.

I was worried I won't remember all that was wrong with the bike so Jim went out and checked it over and wrote everything down on a piece of paper. 

Michael came by Tuesday and I gave him the list. He looked at it then he looked at the bike and everything Jim had on the list he paid. Down to the hairline chip on the front fender. He cut a check right then and there and gave me a list of all what he was paying minus the deductible....WOW

I was very impress with him and how fast Progressive paid me. 

Jim and I have Progressive Insurance with Sue Haley in the Woodlands. She rides a motorcycle too so she makes sure we are all taken care of... She has the best price for what we got.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 04:13:18 PM »

Wow Marigold - that's awesome! I'm glad to know that b/c steve and I both have Progressive (from Brady motorcycle insurance - out of pasadena honda).

Sherry I hope you get it resolved soon. Insurance can certainly be a pain - which is NOT what you need when you already have aches and pains!
Well behaved women rarely make history
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal