Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Making any plans for Monthly Meets?? Crockett, Tx.??  (Read 4633 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Making any plans for Monthly Meets?? Crockett, Tx.??
« on: June 02, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »

Just wondering if any other people have been thinking about what I have on the monthly meets we had last year? I enjoyed the 2 that I got to ride to last year. Summer is here and time to do some riding and what a better way to do than meet up with some other VTXs and eat some good food somewhere. Just say where and when.  8)
Chad
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:54:45 AM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Making any plans for Monthly Meets??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 09:24:17 AM »

Sturday June the 10th is a welcome for sgtstever from Korea. We are going to one of his (AND MINE) fav. eating places, COOPERS. Time has not been set yet. Everyone is welcome to join in! Cooper's is in Llano. This is not a real central location but they would not move it just for the weekend!!!!!! Stay Tuned !!!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »

Just wondering if any other people have been thinking about what I have on the monthly meets we had last year?
Sounds great Chad. Lets see if this thread gets any response. Yeah, the meets we had were great, then it seemed like everyone wanted one every other weekend and it fell apart. But, as they say... we are a group of individuals. Lets be looking for a weekend coming up that doesn't interfere with any other established rides and see who chimes in. I worked up a map, showing where virtually all (Sorry AMS :)) of our membership lives, and drew a centerpoint. Hopefully someone will chime in with info of good eating/meeting areas in that area. It would be a good starting point.

:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 03:15:26 AM »

lol, all i know of that area is that mexia is a 3a basketball powerhouse  :P

Manster

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 07:53:33 AM »

Somebody say when and where, i'll try to find it.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 02:36:25 PM »

I really didn't mean exactly at the intersection, just relatively close. I think the Buzzard Billys Meeting was a good one. Fairly central, We had good turn out, here's SOME of the bikes, the rest were behind and across the street. Decent place, good  Cajun cookin. The only problem I remember was that they didn't take us (our estimation of the turnout) too seriously. We seriously surprised them with our numbers.

And yeah, those are all ours, no one else was parked there.

Might not be a bad starting point. We'll see.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:38:12 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »

Hey Snake!!
  Maybe next time we ride to a meet and eat you can take some more of those award winning pics you take so well. ;D I  just remember how much fun it was to get to ride with a bunch of people to meet other VTXs and thought it was about to time to do one again!! Saturday or a Sunday to meet up works for me. Just start the ideas on Where and When!!!  O0
Member since 2004

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »

Chad, there is a great little place outside of omaha (just this side of Mount Pleaseant) that is a Restaraunt/Club, called the Cajun Cowboy. 4 Levels, 2 Billiard areas, balcony seats overlooking the stage, vid games, can see the stage from three levels. Pretty neat. Maybe we can work on something local for starts. Anything good close your way?
     420! Yeah, baby!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »

as soon as my bike gets rehabed I am all for it  :)
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:30:53 PM »

Hey Snake!!
  Maybe next time we ride to a meet and eat you can take some more of those award winning pics you take so well. ;D  

Yeah, I don't see where the pics made it from the old gallery to this one. I'll see about putting in a new album.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »

To anywhere from here is 300 plus miles. I'm ready, but I'm staying over night and playing tourist the day before or the day after.

Me

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »

To anywhere from here is 300 plus miles. I'm ready, but I'm staying over night and playing tourist the day before or the day after.

Me
I know the feeling Bill, 250 from here to Waco. 280 from your place. I'm sure we could work up a good one for Nocogdoches again though. We had a real good turnout there too. Plus... it's only about 160 miles from here. I enjoyed that one also. Don't remember for sure the name of the place, was it Clear Springs or something like that? Sounds like a good Sunday ride!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »

Chad, there is a great little place outside of omaha (just this side of Mount Pleaseant) that is a Restaraunt/Club, called the Cajun Cowboy. 4 Levels, 2 Billiard areas, balcony seats overlooking the stage, vid games, can see the stage from three levels. Pretty neat. Maybe we can work on something local for starts. Anything good close your way?
  The only thing I can think of around this area is a Mexican food restaurant at Lake Tawakoni called Tammerias ( << not sure on the spelling) only place I can think of with enough room. Have great food and cold drinks. Iam sure there is somewhere close enough for most of the riders can meet. Just have to find out where?? ???
Member since 2004

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »

Me
I know the feeling Bill, 250 from here to Waco. 280 from your place. I'm sure we could work up a good one for Nocogdoches again though. We had a real good turnout there too. Plus... it's only about 160 miles from here. I enjoyed that one also. Don't remember for sure the name of the place, was it Clear Springs or something like that? Sounds like a good Sunday ride!

I wasn't whineing about the distance John. I just want to take in some of the local sites while I'm there. I hated to leave Nacogdoches. Even if it was hot as the dickens. It looked like a nice little town and I wish I would have planned to stay over and taken some of it in. Whereever the meet is, I'll be there if I can.

I hope to make a trip out to Colorado Bend State Park in the fall. It's only 70 miles from Fredricksburg and there's a vintage MC show in October I think at Luckenbach. Might try to take that in and then camp a couple of night on the river.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 08:31:09 PM by Dusty »

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »

I know you weren't whining, Bill! Whats everyone doing the 4th that's not going to Colorado? I'm not gonna be able to afford it this year. Gonna have to stay closer to home. Maybe do Talimena drive, and a few trips up towards Tennessee or Missouri.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal