Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: any recomendations for CHL renewal  (Read 3714 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: any recomendations for CHL renewal
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

Larry, this is purely conjecture on my part, but I'm guessing that if "they" ever tell the police and military to go pick up all of our guns, you will see a whole lot of quoting the Constitution, and people refusing to take your guns on the basis that it would be illegal to do so.  The military and the police are not bound to obey illegal orders. In spite of what happened in the aftermath of that hurricane that Bush sent to Louisiana, I don't believe they could pull that off now. They covered that under an "emergency" clause, but they lost a lot of credibility.

Additionally, all the CHL tells the state is that you have a license to carry a concealed handgun, and whether you qualified with a revolver or a semiautomatic. It does not give any specific information on the firearm, or on how many firearms you own. And since it is permissible to qualify with a borrowed or rented firearm, it doesn't even prove that you own one.
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

Larry, this is purely conjecture on my part, but I'm guessing that if "they" ever tell the police and military to go pick up all of our guns, you will see a whole lot of quoting the Constitution, and people refusing to take your guns on the basis that it would be illegal to do so.  The military and the police are not bound to obey illegal orders. In spite of what happened in the aftermath of that hurricane that Bush sent to Louisiana, I don't believe they could pull that off now. They covered that under an "emergency" clause, but they lost a lot of credibility.

Additionally, all the CHL tells the state is that you have a license to carry a concealed handgun, and whether you qualified with a revolver or a semiautomatic. It does not give any specific information on the firearm, or on how many firearms you own. And since it is permissible to qualify with a borrowed or rented firearm, it doesn't even prove that you own one.

Chances are if you have one you are likely to have a hand gun  ;D With the way we are headed I would not rule anything out  :o I just think that publishing this information is wrong! wrong!  :cuss:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »

Gumbo sez......."I just think that publishing this information is wrong! wrong!"

And I couldn't agree more. It's indicative of where our media is headed, and of how far they are willing to go under the guise of "freedom of speech".   The up side to all of this is that people are getting tired of all this, and the media has lost a lot of credibility. They are going to lose all of their credibility before it's over, because they have forgotten their obligation to the public. Journalistic integrity is a joke. I -- in fact, several of us here -- know a reporter for a newspaper. Some time back she published an article on a crime which had been committed. I was directly involved in the investigation of that offense, and was well acquainted with the details. Her article contained several statements which were glaring untruths. There were some pretty hard feelings at the PD over the matter, and the fact that she got a number of her "facts" wrong was pointed out to her in the paper. In writing. No retractions; no corrections. Not from the author of the story, and not from the administration at the paper. This same reporter has quoted people in some of her articles -- people she did NOT interview. And this paper has won awards for accuracy in reporting. And this reporter continues to blow up the phones looking for interviews. I recall another reporter for that paper who wanted to quote me, and several officers, calling the statements of a County Commissioner (made at an official Commissioners Court meeting) lies (and they were lies). I asked him why he didn't just quote the commissioner, and he told me that the paper didn't want to incur that commissioner's wrath by calling him a liar, so they were told to quote county employees calling it a lie instead. Yeah, just get some working folks fired because you don't have the guts to tell the truth. That's contemporary journalistic integrity for you. And the pseudointellects writing that crap all think that the rest of the world is too stupid to see the truth. I'm constantly amazed at the arrogance and the lack of integrity shown by most of the media.
02 1800C

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »

to hipshots point, a few years ago I was watching the morning news when a report came on about a truck that was found in a truck stop in Buda Tx with a trailer full of illegal aliens. The camera shot proceeded to show a truck at the truck stop and it gave you the impression that it was the illegal truck. Problem was it was a truck from the company that I worked for!! Needless to say I was shocked and called HQ to find out what the hell was going on. Turns out our truck was simply there making a grocery delivery to the store and had nothing to do with the illegals. The media just needed a truck to put on the spot as they missed the illegal truck so they used ours! They never said that our truck was involved but didn't say it wasn't and gave the impression that it was the truck that was hauling the aliens. Trust half of what you see and little of what you read and none of what you hear,
It's all just part of the adventure!

Greg

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »

I would much rather be known to have a gun than not. Remember who the bad guys visit! A government running rampant is much less plausible for now as bad guys looking for victims, just saying. They have posted the addresses of all the unarmed victims just right for picking.
2003 VTX1800S
Mustang seats
Clayton mod exhaust
Fatty Bar
De-capped and de-smog'd
Paladin quick release Backrest, luggage rack and saddle bag supports
Metzler 880's front and back
Spyker mod Three Crosses

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »

Gotta share; I read last night that Chicago just celebrated its 500th murder of 2012. And yet Hizzoner, the mayor of Chicago, was the one lamenting that Illinois was the last state to "get it right" with gun control, when their idiotic laws got shot down earlier this month, and telling us that now the state would soon become immersed in a violent bloodbath.

That, folks, is yet another example of how incredibly stupid those gun control proponents are, and why the integrity of anyone who pushes their agenda should be should be suspect. These morons are claiming that gun control has curbed violent crime wherever it is instituted. If over 500 murders in just one city per year is what these morons consider curbing violent crime, why is the media backing them? Anybody have an intelligent answer? Just how stupid does someone have to be to see logic in their agenda?
02 1800C

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »

It's like Blind Sheep following each other nose to tail tied to each other

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »

Y'all notice that Donne Trotter, the Democrat Illinois senator who has cosponsored 31 gun control bills, is up on felony charges for trying to board an airplane with a pistol? If gun control (and this occurred BEFORE Illinois' gun laws were found to be unconstitutional) can't prevent its own proponents from carrying guns illegally, how is it supposed to prevent criminals from doing so?

And Rahm Emanuel assured us that gun control was working in Illinois.
02 1800C

bulldog777

• Tejano
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »

Did anyone notice that the day before the CT school shooting, a guy in China cut up 20+ people in a school, including children? You think they are going to take away their knives? Not down playing the tragic events, but its not the guns, or the knives, its people with no morals, ethics, or remorse. Violence is babysitting kids via cartoons, video games, and Hollywood. Kill the root, and the tree, and fruit of it go away.
  And for the media, .....imagine how much money now days a paper could make if they published facts, good or bad. I would buy it. If I wanted farce stories, i'll buy the Enquirer.
Bulldog777
2007 VTX 1300R
2004 Aero 750
Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

Y'all notice that Donne Trotter, the Democrat Illinois senator who has cosponsored 31 gun control bills, is up on felony charges for trying to board an airplane with a pistol? If gun control (and this occurred BEFORE Illinois' gun laws were found to be unconstitutional) can't prevent its own proponents from carrying guns illegally, how is it supposed to prevent criminals from doing so?

And Rahm Emanuel assured us that gun control was working in Illinois.

Well, I just found out that Trotter was not arrested before the court deemed Illinois' ban unconstitutional; it occurred right after the court's decision. My bad.
02 1800C

Greg

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »

What would Emanuel know about work?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:16:23 PM by Greg »
2003 VTX1800S
Mustang seats
Clayton mod exhaust
Fatty Bar
De-capped and de-smog'd