Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Happy Holiday huh?  (Read 2657 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Happy Holiday huh?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »

All I can say is this is not, repeat not, Allahmas, Budamas, Hindumas, Xmas, this is CHRISTmas. The celebration of his birthday, as commercial as it has become, and that is my belief, will be my belief, and I will always hold to these values. In growing up, oh I couldn't wait for Christmas because of all the great gifts that I hoped would come my way, as most of us can remember and sleepless Christmas eves where ever it was you went or were. Those were wonderful times and baby Jesus and the Christian faith was a big part of my rearing. We would use the term Happy Holidays sometimes to describe a general term meaning Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years in combination. Sorry folks, It's still and always will be Merry CHRISTMAS in my family because it's Jesus' birthday!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »

I agree hooter.  But if someone want to wish me a happy holidays, I thank them.

And regarding the whole Xmas taking Christ out of Christmas argument.....

The word Christmas originated as a compound meaning "Christ's Mass". It is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038.[8] "Cristes" is from Greek Christos and "mæsse" is from Latin missa (the holy mass). In Greek, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ, and it, or the similar Roman letter X, has been used as an abbreviation for Christ since the mid-16th century.[15] Hence, Xmas is sometimes used as an abbreviation for Christmas.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 04:23:58 AM »

I agree hooter.  But if someone want to wish me a happy holidays, I thank them.

And regarding the whole Xmas taking Christ out of Christmas argument.....

The word Christmas originated as a compound meaning "Christ's Mass". It is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038.[8] "Cristes" is from Greek Christos and "mæsse" is from Latin missa (the holy mass). In Greek, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ, and it, or the similar Roman letter X, has been used as an abbreviation for Christ since the mid-16th century.[15] Hence, Xmas is sometimes used as an abbreviation for Christmas.

That's an interesting quote. I didn't know that. I used the term Xmas one time in writing something and my mother told me not to do that because I was taking Christ outa christmas and I guess it always stuck.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »

All I can say is this is not, repeat not, Allahmas, Budamas, Hindumas, Xmas, this is CHRISTmas. The celebration of his birthday, as commercial as it has become, and that is my belief, will be my belief, and I will always hold to these values. In growing up, oh I couldn't wait for Christmas because of all the great gifts that I hoped would come my way, as most of us can remember and sleepless Christmas eves where ever it was you went or were. Those were wonderful times and baby Jesus and the Christian faith was a big part of my rearing. We would use the term Happy Holidays sometimes to describe a general term meaning Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years in combination. Sorry folks, It's still and always will be Merry CHRISTMAS in my family because it's Jesus' birthday!

I so agree..................
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »

I never intended for this post to create such stir, I simply say  acknowledge the season for what it is or say nothing. I  think the generic HH greeting is not a true heartfelt greeting but done out of some sort obligation to say something. If your company or you have a personal issue with the traditional well wishes , then treat it like any other day and give me the regular "come again". Any thing else is just pc foolishness. And it sounds dumb. not hatein' just lettin' ya know , it sounds phony and it sounds dumb.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!  (if anyone is offended by this proper , traditional greeting, please refer to hick's post above)   

Ok, time to close this forum down, Gary ruined it for everyone.  :stickpoke:

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »

I never intended for this post to create such stir, I simply say  acknowledge the season for what it is or say nothing. I  think the generic HH greeting is not a true heartfelt greeting but done out of some sort obligation to say something. If your company or you have a personal issue with the traditional well wishes , then treat it like any other day and give me the regular "come again". Any thing else is just pc foolishness. And it sounds dumb. not hatein' just lettin' ya know , it sounds phony and it sounds dumb.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!  (if anyone is offended by this proper , traditional greeting, please refer to hick's post above)   

it was me that caused the stink, sorry about that!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »

:agree: ISORG is a trouble maker  :stickpoke: :pot:

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

don't be sorry Isorg...you presented another thought...which I don't totally disagree with.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal