Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BBT IV Motel Rooms...........May 18th - May 19th 2007  (Read 5967 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: BBT IV Motel Rooms...........May 18th - May 19th 2007
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »

No such thing as a "dumb question".

In the past, several people have come on Thursday, if not earlier. (Taking a weeks vacation to ride the Hill Country) The Campground is on a hill, and the trailer sites are grouped together, as the terracing goes up. It's not a huge campground, and regardless of where you're set up, you're less than a 3 min. walk from any activity.
There are planned activities, and rides. You're certainly free to explore the area yourself at any time, but the best rides are already set in advance, with local rider's as guides. We try to stay on a time schedule, so you can pick and choose what you want to do, enabling you to coordinate your day, and get in as much or little as you want. Scheduled rides do start on Friday. We've usually scheduled the 3's ride,(335-336-337) that day, because of the limited amount of people and activity on Friday. The more people = more stuff going on, and it's harder to take a 8-9 hour ride, and not miss something. Generally the rides are 2-4 hours long, so it's easy to do 3 different rides a day, if you're a ridin' fool.
The earlier you get here, the earlier you get to start having fun!

Hope this helps.

RD
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 12:41:58 PM »

Definitely helps!! Thanks again for the insight RD.   O0 O0  I'm leaning towards hauling the toy box and just camp at the farm.  The wife and myself would definitely fall into the "riding fools" category!!   ;D ;D   Plus I'd like to meet some of you X riders from the south..  We live in the DFW area....  Cheers!!

Dan
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 07:40:00 AM by SilverTribal Driver »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »

The BBT and The Spring Thing are more about the X Rider people and sights that are in the area than a real rally with vindors and junk to buy!!!  Again it is about the X,the rides and the people. Seeing X,s tricked out,meeting people, and riding in the beautiful Texas hillcountry!! If we have BBQ again that's not bad eather. I don't know the whole plan but this is the best bang for the buck you will find in TEXAS!! O0 O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »

Marigold,

Looks like a good location.  Do you know what kind of parking is available?  If they have a lot, is it paved?  The place I stayed at last year had a lot, but the lot was covered with about 9" of gravel!

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 10:06:57 PM »

The BBT and The Spring Thing are more about the X Rider people and sights that are in the area than a real rally with vindors and junk to buy!!!  Again it is about the X,the rides and the people. Seeing X,s tricked out,meeting people, and riding in the beautiful Texas hillcountry!! If we have BBQ again that's not bad eather. I don't know the whole plan but this is the best bang for the buck you will find in TEXAS!! O0 O0 O0

Couldn't agree with you more....   I can't wait to meet the Texas fellow X'ers and ride the Texas hill country...  We are definitely stoked about the BBT..   O0 O0 O0 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal