Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: BBTIII "Roadkill"Dinner  (Read 6403 times)

Dusty

Re: BBTIII "Roadkill"Dinner
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 08:11:54 PM »

Puppies are tender...............
[/quote

I really should probably hear how you know that.
Knowing that you served in Nam, has already got my imagination working double time.
But, if you have a recipe........      ;)  ;D

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 10:33:18 PM »

That is what I heard too and they don't taste so bad either.
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »

Bill be careful with that poke it has to be par bioled or it will make you sick! Watch the hard shell oppssum too. Bore coons have a tooth pic!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 02:09:21 PM »

Bill; I lived in Indonesia for five years, Viet Nam for thirteen months, and I've been married to a Chinese woman for over twenty-five years. Let's just say I know, and leave it at that............ Besides, red wine is acceptable with puppies, but those Hoover hogs have to be served with white wine.
02 1800C

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 02:11:28 PM »

And don't be lookin' at my miniature dachsrodent like that!!!
02 1800C

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 11:15:42 AM »

Armadillo dumplings perhaps?????

Can you send me that recipe? Do you serve it in the dillo's shell? I bet I could get on the celebrity cooking show with that!!!   ;D

I will admit, I recently had a little crawfish boil and the place I bought the crawfish from also had coons for sale. I couldn't resist. Had to try it. I cooked it on the pits like a roast. Couldn't get bgreer are Patti to try it but I did. And it taste like pork...thought I was gonna say chicken didn't you?  ???
I will be honest, I couldn't eat much and here's why. When I bought it, it was the whole coon...basically just field dressed and frozen. It was well cleaned but it still had the head, feet and tail on it. A really freaking looking thing without the fur. Straight razor toten kind of creature. Anyway I quartered it up and cleaned it even more before seasoning it and cooking it. It really was pretty good but I just couldn't get the picture of that frozen skinless carcass out of my head.
But, D & D (dillo and dumplins) served on the half shell....sounds catchy don't you think? ;D ;D ;D

Had breakfast yet?

Bill

Dang Bill - It's been a long time since I had some real "down home cookin."  Wish I had been there.  If you par-boil the coon just a bit to eliminate a lot of the fat, then put it in a pan with all the vegetables you can think of and cover with a foil tent and roast till done it is very good eating.  Makes good gravy for the rice too.

Or you can bar-b-cue it, to well done. Cut the meat off, chop and put in a big pot of beans.

This works for the dog too - that is if the dog hasn't been fed too much dog food.  Cornbread makes the dog more tender and sweet without adding fat.

I am so hungry now!!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »

And I thought Bill was gonna say he was cooking "mountain oysters" this year  ;D ;D ;D DAYUM!!!! :'(
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

Dusty

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 05:24:37 PM »

And I thought Bill was gonna say he was cooking "mountain oysters" this year  ;D ;D ;D DAYUM!!!! :'(

That I havn't tried, must be fresh water oysters eh? Send me the recipe and a video of the collection process.  ;D

Bill

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 05:32:10 PM »

That I havn't tried, must be fresh water oysters eh? Send me the recipe and a video of the collection process.  ;D

Bill

Hehe...well Bill my video camera has apparently "croaked" on me. But, I'm sure crewsn will be happy to video tape the whole process of "fishing" for mountain oysters for you!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »

None ever cooked in my home or ever will..........So Hipshot didn't try it here....... :-[ :'( :-[ :'(
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Dusty

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 04:37:05 AM »

Bill

Hehe...well Bill my video camera has apparently "croaked" on me. But, I'm sure crewsn will be happy to video tape the whole process of "fishing" for mountain oysters for you!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The other day I was leaving the office and as I was getting on I-10, I got stuck behind an 18 wheeler. I saw something hanging from the back axle of the trailor, so I eased up for a closer look. Yep, it was Chrome Bull's Nut's. I immediatly thought of this thread and started trying to think of a spot to hang some on my bike.  :D ;D

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 06:44:47 AM »

I bet if you'll find some little bull nuts you could hang them off your trailer hitch or better yet just hang them off your rear view mirror.  Isn't that where you hung the fuzzy dice 30 or so years ago?

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 07:24:27 AM »

I've seen some little nuts hanging off the rear fender of a bike.  Funny stuff.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 05:09:13 AM »

And served fresh here in Korea!!! ;D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Dusty

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 05:20:35 AM »

And served fresh here in Korea!!! ;D

Hey Man....

I thought you were gonna get to be home for the BBT3?  ???

Bill
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal