Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BBTIII "Roadkill"Dinner  (Read 6402 times)

Skydvr

• Tejano
  • Arlington, Texas
BBTIII "Roadkill"Dinner
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »

I'm curious, what kind of "Roadkill"  is Dusty serving up this year?

I remember last year someone stole the pig he had buried, but the bloated cow was good !

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: BBTIII "Roadkill"Dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:07:34 PM »

We're trying to keep Bill out of the kitchen this year. He, Annette, and Tommy, put in alot of time last year, and it really cut into their personal riding time around the area.

I've got a connection for some white bread, pickle loaf, and soda cracker's. That should do just fine. J/K

Seriously, we've checked into catering the BBQ.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »

Aw gee, I was really looking forward to some of his possum on the half shell and porcupine pudding :(.
02 1800C

Swampfox

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:33:05 PM »

Fear Fact Meal Hey Sound like event!  :P

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:04:14 PM »

??? ??? ??? ???
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:09:20 PM »

Armadillo dumplings perhaps?????
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 06:09:44 AM »

Can you send me that recipe? Do you serve it in the dillo's shell? I bet I could get on the celebrity cooking show with that!!!   ;D

I will admit, I recently had a little crawfish boil and the place I bought the crawfish from also had coons for sale. I couldn't resist. Had to try it. I cooked it on the pits like a roast. Couldn't get bgreer are Patti to try it but I did. And it taste like pork...thought I was gonna say chicken didn't you?  ???
I will be honest, I couldn't eat much and here's why. When I bought it, it was the whole coon...basically just field dressed and frozen. It was well cleaned but it still had the head, feet and tail on it. A really freaking looking thing without the fur. Straight razor toten kind of creature. Anyway I quartered it up and cleaned it even more before seasoning it and cooking it. It really was pretty good but I just couldn't get the picture of that frozen skinless carcass out of my head.
But, D & D (dillo and dumplins) served on the half shell....sounds catchy don't you think? ;D ;D ;D

Had breakfast yet?

Bill

Swampfox

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 07:38:06 AM »

I want that coon skin to make a hat with the head attacked. ;D

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »

I want that coon skin to make a hat with the head attacked. ;D

Sorry Gary,

It came skinned. I did save the head. I'm going to do a European mount and use it in my Witch Doctor Rituals. It's a Vicious looking thing.  :o

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »

I thought when we picked up that big black boar off the willow city loop and buried it back at the armadillo farm campground and then dug it up for BBT II, cooked it and served it, we had done the ultimate.  Now everytime I see a dead coon on the side of the road I'm gonna be thinking about you Dusty.  I was having a snack when I read about this razor toten creature you speak of and I almost had the snack twice, once down and once up...

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »

Can you send me that recipe? Do you serve it in the dillo's shell? I bet I could get on the celebrity cooking show with that!!!   ;D

I will admit, I recently had a little crawfish boil and the place I bought the crawfish from also had coons for sale. I couldn't resist. Had to try it. I cooked it on the pits like a roast. Couldn't get bgreer are Patti to try it but I did. And it taste like pork...thought I was gonna say chicken didn't you?  ???
I will be honest, I couldn't eat much and here's why. When I bought it, it was the whole coon...basically just field dressed and frozen. It was well cleaned but it still had the head, feet and tail on it. A really freaking looking thing without the fur. Straight razor toten kind of creature. Anyway I quartered it up and cleaned it even more before seasoning it and cooking it. It really was pretty good but I just couldn't get the picture of that frozen skinless carcass out of my head.
But, D & D (dillo and dumplins) served on the half shell....sounds catchy don't you think? ;D ;D ;D

Had breakfast yet?

Bill

Tatsted some once at a cook out. There was rabbit, quail, squirrel, venison, etc... thought I was grabbing rabbit but it was racoon. Kind of tough I thought and once they told me what it was, it wouldn't have mattered if it tasted like filet mignon...... ;D

Dusty

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 03:55:19 PM »

I thought when we picked up that big black boar off the willow city loop and buried it back at the armadillo farm campground and then dug it up for BBT II, cooked it and served it, we had done the ultimate.  Now everytime I see a dead coon on the side of the road I'm gonna be thinking about you Dusty.  I was having a snack when I read about this razor toten creature you speak of and I almost had the snack twice, once down and once up...

You know Tom I may be kind of paranoid but in the back of my mind, I fear that one day before I die, for reasons I'm not sure of, I'm going to have to survive without the luxuries as we know them. Worms, grubs, crickets, scorpions, snails and that kind of crap is going to be safe from me cause it's not coming anywhere close to my lips. I'm not into eating roots either.
So, I want to learn now what I want to hunt for should that day ever come. As it stands right now all I have is coons, rabbits, deer, hogs, fish, squirrels, turkey, antelope and Poke Salad in my recipe book.
Sure hope I didn't ruin another snack. LOL!
If I keep posting this stuff noone will ever come to a Bar-b-q if I throw one. :(

Skydvr

• Tejano
  • Arlington, Texas
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 03:56:15 PM »

Dusty sure has the talent, when it comes to cookin critters !

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »

Dusty sure has the talent, when it comes to cookin critters !

I wonder what the caterer is going to tell us we are eating...and can we believe him???  ??? ??? >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D

You know the health department here caught a chinese restuarant with dogs in thier freezer. I never ate there....and never will. Poor puppies.  >:(

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 07:58:30 PM »

Puppies are tender...............
02 1800C
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal