Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PC Map for 1800  (Read 3690 times)

jam57

Re: PC Map for 1800
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »

He is real good. He was one of the wrenches on the world record holdin roadstar warror. you can read his bio at www.metrictech.net. How have you been anyway? :) :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:23:18 PM by jam57 »

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:53:56 PM »

Look at the wideband commander.  This is the one I was talking about.  For the price of 2 dyno tunnings, you get the tools to build or tweek your own map.  It comes with a a/f mix gauge.  549 isn't a bad price.  If it wasn't for the recording feature, I'd build my own.

http://www.widebandcommander.com/

*Closet Darksider*

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

only California bikes come with an o2 sensor from the factory. The only time you need to add one is if you are using a closed loop processor. When you use a closed loop processor you have no control over the computer, its a "closed loop".  What the manufacturer of the processor has built in that is what you get, all controlled by the O2 sensor. So your bike is going to be set to run the way some guy in Frostbite Falls wants it to run.
  With a PCIII USB, and a good tuner given the right info from the owner, your bike can be set up to run just the way you want it. You ask how can the milage be better, I told the tech that made my map what speed range I cruised at most of the time and he set that range up slightly lean, better milage.
  The shop that did mine was Sabin Performance in Dallas, Does good work.
  Jim

Actually, "closed loop" means that the ECU is getting info from intake and exhaust and is constanly adjusting fuel mixture according to demand. Hence, the "closed loop"--as opposed to "open loop" with just one end of input. Either system can have parameters established as to the range of response. Personally, I would love to have a closed loop system available for bikes because you could add any aftermarket parts you wanted and never have to fool with it (as long as injectors and fuel pump were physically capable of providing necessary fuel requirements) What we've got now is basically an electronic carbeurator, and a pretty primitive one at that. The only inputs are throttle position, rpm and a basic baro for low speed ops. Give me a mass air flow and Hego sys and never have to worry about it. As it is, it's all trial and error.

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »

Near as I can tell, there are many wise VTX riders.  Me being the notable exception.  Jim, it was Sabin I was thinking of.  I'm thinking my riding habits are pretty well established by now and I have read some about them and all good reports.  I believe they can giterdone.  What kind of price tag on the custom map?

bj
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 07:17:11 PM »

He is real good. He was one of the wrenches on the world record holdin roadstar warror. you can read his bio at www.metrictech.net. How have you been anyway? :) :)

Thanks!  I've been good but busy with work....  I'll probably take mine up there to him and let him have a look see if there is anything else he can eek out of mine.  More Power....argh argh argh!!!!! ;D

jam57

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 07:50:42 PM »

Brad, you won't be disappointed. There are several Honda dealers that send stuff to him that they can't seem to fix, imagine that, won't go any farther there. He is very good and really cares about his work and your ride.

studdog, I can't remember what Sabin charges for a custom map alone, I do know that if you buy a PCIII from him he will install it and dyno/ map for $200. I would just call him and ask. You will probably have to leave a message, they stay pretty busy. Best time to call is about 10:30 or just alittle later.
   Jim
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal