Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PC Map for 1800  (Read 3691 times)

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
PC Map for 1800
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:30 AM »

I ride the 1800C with HK Sideburners and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.  I had Al Lamb hang the parts at the time of purchase.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if they use a good map or there might be others out there that work better.  No real problems with mine.  I do get decel popping but I like the noise.  Just wondering if anyone may have tweaked it up a little bit and might be worth a try.

I'm new to fuel injection and appreciate any input.  Thanks
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

Dusty

Re: PC Map for 1800
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:26:21 AM »

Bare has some maps on his site that folks have sent to him.  http://www.bareasschoppers.com

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »

Bare has some maps on his site that folks have sent to him.  http://www.bareasschoppers.com

+1 on Bare's website....  You also may consider desmogging with the block off plates....  Should help with most of the decel popping....   O0

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:48:18 AM »

Thanks fellas. 

I had already checked out Bare's site and couldn't find quite the same components as mine.  Maybe some day when I've got a little more money than sense, I'll get it on the dyno and get a custom map made.  As I mentioned, the decel popping doesn't really bother me.  In fact I've learned how to nudge the throttle just a little to increase the popping.  I think it sounds kinda nasty and I dig it.  By the way SouthernXer, I used to live in Allen.  Nice town and some great twisties up in Collin County.

Thanks again.  Hope to see ya'll in the wind one day.
BJ & Miss Angela

jam57

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »

You did'nt mention what kind of fuel manager you have, or if you have one?

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 07:53:38 AM »

Details, details...... I reckon it's probably a little too much to ask to get good advise AND a little mental telepathy too.  Its th PCIII.
BJ & Miss Angela

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 07:55:07 AM »

btw, some pretty nice riding up your way too, Jam.
BJ & Miss Angela

jam57

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:29:27 AM »

I do like the country roads up here, been in this area 24 yrs and pretty much rode them all more than once :)
  When I changed my pipes and intake I to had alot of popping, liked it for awhile but it got old quick.
Did a pc3 usb and custom map right off the bat and all I can tell ya is imo it's the only way to go. Cost more but my bike runs better than ever, gets better milage, alot smoother.
    Jim

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 10:33:39 AM »

Actually the mileage had me a little puzzled as well.  I'm hitting around 32 and while I'm not having to choose between groceries and gasoline, I was a little surprised it wasn't a little more.  If you don't mind my asking, what did the custom map cost.  I'm thinking around 200.00 but I don't know if I actually heard that or it was a hallucination.

bj
BJ & Miss Angela

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »

I think instead of getting the dyno done, I'll probably hold off and get the PC Addon.  I forget what it's called, bit it has an o2 sensor and records data sothat you can make your own maps.  Seems like I remember 500 bucks.  2 dyno runs and it will pay for itself. 

*Closet Darksider*

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 12:05:56 PM »

Actually I have the PCIII USB.  According to the web site the o2 sensor is only required in California.  By the way, the cost on the dynojet site is 369.00.  But the price I was asking about is the cost to have someone create a custom map for it.  I know performance shops with dynos will do that kind of work.  Jam57 mentioned he had a custom map made as soon as he got the PC so I was wondering about the price for that.  And who he had do it for that matter.

bj
BJ & Miss Angela

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 12:16:01 PM »

I'm fairly new to this but if you have a MAP sensor and an O2 sensor, why does the processor not control fuel trim automatically? Or is it not really a processor,but just has set parameters for certain rpm ranges? Could someone point me to a link explaining Honda fuel injection. I am riding a 1300 but my son has an 1800 that he's interested in increasing performance. As a Linc/Merc driveabilty tech, I'm familiar with fuel control, but you guys are speaking a different language.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Thanks,POPS

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »

Not only am I new at it but I know far less than you, TexPops.  I was looking at the product info for the PCIII USB and they actually have an online tutorial on how to use it.  You can download it or watch it online.  It still looks pretty foriegn to me but it sounds like you're probably a lot further down the road than I am and you would probably understand it.

http://www.powercommander.com/

There are links for software and tutorials.  If it makes any sense to you, I'm eager to learn.
BJ & Miss Angela

jam57

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 03:00:53 PM »

only California bikes come with an o2 sensor from the factory. The only time you need to add one is if you are using a closed loop processor. When you use a closed loop processor you have no control over the computer, its a "closed loop".  What the manufacturer of the processor has built in that is what you get, all controlled by the O2 sensor. So your bike is going to be set to run the way some guy in Frostbite Falls wants it to run.
  With a PCIII USB, and a good tuner given the right info from the owner, your bike can be set up to run just the way you want it. You ask how can the milage be better, I told the tech that made my map what speed range I cruised at most of the time and he set that range up slightly lean, better milage.
  The shop that did mine was Sabin Performance in Dallas, Does good work.
  Jim

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 03:13:09 PM »

Hey Jim~  Do you know anything about the DynoJet place in McKinney?
I was out fooling around looking for a good margarita the other night and noticed his shop in Downtown McKinney and was wondering....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:13:37 PM by SouthernXer »
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal