Main Area > For Sale

Fifth Wheel Rack

(1/2) > >>

hipshot:

I have a US Rack fifth wheel rack that I purchased new in 2014. It went on my 2012 K2500, and I used it to haul a pair of 13' kayaks after the wife traded our travel trailer for a fifth wheel. It has some spots where the powder coat flaked off and I buffed and painted it, but it is sound. Some other spots are beginning to flake, and light surface rust is forming. Probably needs to be sandblasted and painted for the best longterm results. I took it off when I got my SoloSkiff, which I trailer. It's located in New Caney, TX. I want $200 and I'm not about to try to box this thing up and ship it. I paid seven hundred and something for it new, and they've gone up a bunch since then. If interested I can send photographs and dimensions. A link to the rack below:
https://www.usrack.com/responsive/fifth-wheel-truck-rack.php

matap:
Interesting.  I don't know if I need something like this but having a 5th wheel and the availability to store more stuff up top like bikes is enticing.  Do you think it would fit a Ford Superduty?

hipshot:
Not sure.  I can measure my truck and send you the dimensions for comparison.

hipshot:
Okay, the critical dimensions are:
Inside dimension between bed rails is 5'-3 1/4"  [63 1/4"]
Roof height above bed rails is 1'-8 1/4"   [21 1/4"]

There may be a little bit of wiggle room, especially on height, but I think the width would have to be pretty close for a proper mounting.

hipshot:
If you think it'll work and you're interested, you're welcome to mount it on your truck and try it out before you decide.  I work weekends but I could bring it to work if that helps.  Are you still out west?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version