Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should I complain? will it do any good?  (Read 1747 times)

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
Should I complain? will it do any good?
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »

I ordered a sumo-x swingarm from stumpwerx as well as the polished rotors front and rear. I called stumperwerx and emailed them to get updates for awhile and never a single response. So I decided to call direct to sumo-x since it had been a week and a half with no info. (Stumpy said it would be within 2 weeks when it shipped) The guy at sumo-x immediately recognized my name and said yea I got your order yesterday should be shipping in a couple weeks. I was a little perturbed since i had actually ordered it almost 10 days earlier! I bit my tongue and the guy at sumo was super nice. Well, now it's been a couple weeks since I heard from them so I decided to call today. He says yeah we still got the order..should be a couple weeks!! WTF!?!? I bit my tongue again because the last thing I want to do is explode on someone who is trying their best and then him move me to the back of the line out of spite or something stupid like that. I've already paid the credit card bill off and still have not received anything...who knows when i'll get those brake rotors...Would complaining do any good or is it best just to live with it and miss all this prime riding time?

:-\

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Should I complain? will it do any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »

Time to Buck Rogers!! >:( >:(
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »

Whoa, it is PAST time to complain...I would have made a nice but firm comment back the first time you talked to the guy.  And at this point I would start raising cain all over the place. >:( >:( >:(
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

You should have disputed the charge before paying it.  Actually, they shouldn't even charge you until it ships.

Shady business practice imo.  I know Kurt at Sumo is a good guy, but any involvement with Stumpy is trouble from what I've read on the vtxoa.
Chunk the llama.

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »

Starting Over may take more time you got to call the company first and delete your order then call disputed the charge if they refuse to do so. good luck.  :-X

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »

Stumpy is a stand up guy. Just give him a call.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »

Well, I called and spoke with curt again on Friday and he looked at my order and saw how long I had been waiting and apologized again. I got an email this morning with a tracking number attached!  O0 WOOHOO! Sucks that I'm leaving on Wed for 2.5 weeks so unless it shows up tomorrow...(doubtful) i wont be mocking it up until Memorial day weekend!  :'(

Nick

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 12:57:41 PM »

Awesome news! Glad things are moving forward finally, and I look forward to seeing the results.
Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev

McLovin

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »

The sume X fender is very easy to install...  O0

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

Yeah....Nick I am glad that the issue is resolved...sorry that you have to wait till Mem Day to put the mods on.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal