Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got the mid winter blues  (Read 1547 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Got the mid winter blues
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:53:05 PM »

The tags ran out on the VTX, its not like I can't ride. I have a few more bikes. We have beautiful days, between wind and snow days, I see other bikers out riding around. I just don't feel the need for a trip around the same old thing. I don't venture far from home during this time  of year. This is when I plan my rides. So many rides,and events, so little time, I had plans for the Turkey Roost but that falls during my little girls birthday, She wins, I will eat crappy pizza, and spend mega bucks on the games and rides. She is at the age when the tooth farrie comes around. I have a 23 year old son, so I know how fast those years go by. I love to ride, but I love my kids a lot more.
In the year ahead I plan to make as many rides as I can BBT , Denver, and Snyder, are on the list, If god smiles could be many more.         

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Got the mid winter blues
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »

Tom,

We need to find that phone booth for a M&G...  I am sure rbljack, solitary-man, benham and his wife (sorry if I left anyone out) would all like to get together...  How about Rolling Thunder just south of Fluvanna?  There's good roads out there, and the old jail in Clairemont.  What do ya say?

Rolling Thunder (no real website, just a description here...)  It was a nice place, part of the poker run at White Buffalo...

Need to get away? Come to Rolling Thunder Bar & Grill. Beautiful country, nice ride from town, beer, wine, set-ups, and the best hamburgers around! Need a great place to spend the night? Bring a tent! We're in the middle of nowhere. Bikers Welcome!
Thurs.- Fri. 4pm- 12am, Sat.- 10am- 1am, Sun. 10am-? 325-573-HAWG

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »

I know the old jail house, I know the roads are wonderful there, Its like I said before,I don't venture far from home this time of year, been caught once to often. I don't have a boss that will, take a crappy excuse, like if I ride in this weather I stand a good chance of ending up dead. They do not care.
You have taken every vacation day, as well as every personal leave day, during the year, You have so many, don't you want to take the next step up, what is wrong with you, We will pay you more money.
I want out not up.
I want to ride, while I still can, it may not last long.     

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »

It doesn't have to be anytime early in the year...

You set the date, and I'll throw some plans together...

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:58:37 AM »

Excuse me Tom... ;D Has the west Nile Virus made it that far west in the mosquito population? ::) :o ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:45 AM »

Dude seriously needs a Zoloft prescription...  :o
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »

I think Tom went to see "BUCKET LIST"     smell the bumper  O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o ::)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »

Tom,

Need to get away? Come to Rolling Thunder Bar & Grill. Beautiful country, nice ride from town, beer, wine, set-ups, and the best hamburgers around! Need a great place to spend the night? Bring a tent! We're in the middle of nowhere. Bikers Welcome!
Thurs.- Fri. 4pm- 12am, Sat.- 10am- 1am, Sun. 10am-? 325-573-HAWG

Yes by all means, bring a tent and enjoy the beautiful January camping experince of wonderful west Texas.  ;D

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »

No I haven't seen the bucket list, but I want to. I once did pills to feel strange, There isn't a pill that will make me act normal at this point.
In the panhandle, winter has just enough beautiful days to lure you into a ride just a little too far away. Seldom does snow fall here it blows, and drifts, a 2inch snow can put 4ft drifts across a 4 lane.
I have lived here most of my life, and seen snow drifts bury houses. I have been on a bike in it. Not a thing I want to do again.
This time of year the cold, and the wind, start to fray the nerves on those of us born here. We get edgy, those not borne to it go buggy,and the rest of us put with them until they move.  The cold lets up around early April, the wind can come any day at any time of year in various forms.
You south and east Texas people look at the treetops to see if the wind is blowing. We look to see if the new trailer park is rolling across the back 40.
Yall get big wind they call it a huricane, and send FEMA,  We get big wind,They stop trains. and we pick up trash from 200mi away.
Yes, by all means lets find a phone booth, or better yet a good place to eat. That old Jail may make a good photo, but if I am going to need to wait,and some one will, I want a beer while I wait.     

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:28:53 PM »

Yes, by all means lets find a phone booth, or better yet a good place to eat. That old Jail may make a good photo, but if I am going to need to wait,and some one will, I want a beer while I wait.     

Whew, I was wondering how you were going to make West Texas sound enticing... :D

...but that last line got me. I'm in.  O0

When do we ride?
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »

Serious case of cabin fever :(
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »

You south and east Texas people look at the treetops to see if the wind is blowing. We look to see if the new trailer park is rolling across the back 40.
Yall get big wind they call it a huricane, and send FEMA,  We get big wind,They stop trains. and we pick up trash from 200mi away.

Tom, you should spend the winter writing articles for Texas Highways magazine. ;) ;D ;D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal