Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You guys gettin' ready to duck?  (Read 3464 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: You guys gettin' ready to duck?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »

Well, if it's not bad I have no reason to leave. And if it is bad, I 'll be staying here working.

Can I ride around with you and take pot shots at looters?  :-*

If I bring my riot 12 gauge shotgun with the pistol grip, can I ride in the back of the truck? please? PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?? I promise not to shoot the bed of the truck "accidently".

Hell Wayne, you can ride up front with us if you like. Just make sure you lower the window before you shoot.
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

Let me tell you if you do decide to leave, do not head towards the lakes, I made a ride today to Warren. Great little ride but the return trip was unexpected, all the highways were jam packed with people leaving and heading north.  :o No way to get around it either, I guess everyone in the Beaumont golden triangle area has a Bus or travel trailer, never saw so many 5th wheel rigs in my life.  :D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 05:30:17 AM »

I-10 West wasn't any better. I had to run to the office yesterday afternoon in Bmt. When I got there, starting where I-10 comes from La. I-10 was a parking lot moving at about 25-35 mph. Every store and gas station looked like an NCAA convention. Aren't there roads that go North and NE out of La? Isn't the storm head NW? Houstons' low too! Someone please explain the logic to me.
Beaumont started a mandatory evacuation as of 6am this morning. I live between 69 and 96, glad I got all my running done yesterday.  O0 So far I've only eaten half of my supplies that I got to sustain me through the aftermath.  ::)

My son that just moved down here from Allen found out yesterday that he doesn't have renters Ins. nor did he get Ins. on his stuff that's in storage while they shop for a house.  ::)

I keep hearing NAWLENS NAWLENS NAWLENS. What about everyone else in LA? Is it that the population of N.O. are the only ones to stupid to save themselves????>:( If you move back into a swamp that was destroyed and you are too poor to get out and there are no jobs good enough for you there. WTF

LORD please don't let Obama get in office and may N.O. become the biggest fish, shrimp and crawfish farm in the world. I need a taller soap box.  ;D

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 06:16:43 AM »

I-10 West wasn't any better. I had to run to the office yesterday afternoon in Bmt. When I got there, starting where I-10 comes from La. I-10 was a parking lot moving at about 25-35 mph. Every store and gas station looked like an NCAA convention. Aren't there roads that go North and NE out of La? Isn't the storm head NW? Houstons' low too! Someone please explain the logic to me.
Beaumont started a mandatory evacuation as of 6am this morning. I live between 69 and 96, glad I got all my running done yesterday.  O0 So far I've only eaten half of my supplies that I got to sustain me through the aftermath.  ::)

My son that just moved down here from Allen found out yesterday that he doesn't have renters Ins. nor did he get Ins. on his stuff that's in storage while they shop for a house.  ::)

I keep hearing NAWLENS NAWLENS NAWLENS. What about everyone else in LA? Is it that the population of N.O. are the only ones to stupid to save themselves????>:( If you move back into a swamp that was destroyed and you are too poor to get out and there are no jobs good enough for you there. WTF

LORD please don't let Obama get in office and may N.O. become the biggest fish, shrimp and crawfish farm in the world. I need a taller soap box.  ;D

Amen! O0
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

Yeah, too bad those hard working folks in the UPPER Mississippi valley have better things to do besides lay around and loot and whine about how bad the government is. How come they're not whining about how the levees broke and ruined all their crops and drowned all their cattle and flooded out their multi-million dollar (still mostly the bank's) combines? Sheesh. Not a word from those people. It's like they just picked up the pieces and put them back together again. Slackers.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »

Amen brother, preach it
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

Y'all just don't get it! This is all Bush's doing; he wants to get his licks in one more time before he leaves office. Bush, and only Bush, is responsible for this hurricane; he conceived the concept and he made it happen witn no help from anyone else. That's why we need CHANGE!!
02 1800C
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal