Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's plan a ride-Sunday October 3rd to Roundtop  (Read 11109 times)

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
Re: Let's plan a ride
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

i plan on it lucky - went out today for a coffee run and was okay but when i got home  :ohwow:

sherri - any ideas on where we wanna hook up? i know it's early but one of the few things to look forward to  :goldwing:

maybe gumbo has some ideas as this will be my inagural ride / M&G all rolled into one   ;D

OK, here is just a word of warning, best take it to heart. DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD, repeat, DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD!!! He will take you in the wrong direction and claim he know's this road, been down it a hundred times, "Oh we're going the wrong way, I knew it, this was just a test to see if you knew which direction we were headed". Trust me!

:boxing: :boxing: :stickpoke: :pot:

gumbo uses the sun to navigate.... problem is the sun keeps moving!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »

you peole crack me up -  :c

yeah, they are a bunch of funny peoles!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »

Hey I've had me one of those Garmin GPS thingies for over a year and it will only take me the quickest route. I rather use the sun, it take awhile to get anywhere, but that's usually where I'm headed. (Anywhere)  ;D ;D :bikerider: :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

Macey and I might be in for a ride.  Lori will have to see how her work/school schedule goes.  I wonder which LEO we'll meet this time?  :stickpoke:   ;D

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »

[]

gumbo uses the sun to navigate.... problem is the sun keeps moving!
[/quote]

Thats cause the sun revolves around the earth, right!
It's all just part of the adventure!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »

Gumbo sez....... "it will only take me the quickest route."

Hey Larry, you know you can program those Garmins to take you on the scenic route or the short route or the long route or the route with the most beer joints. I bought a low-end Garmin and it'll do all of them except the thirsty route (I think Marigold boogered it up).
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »

Hey Larry, you know you can program those Garmins to take you on the scenic route or the short route or the long route or the route with the most beer joints. I bought a low-end Garmin and it'll do all of them except the thirsty route (I think Marigold boogered it up).

I made a good living off of computers and the environment they live in, but I can't figure out a GPS to save my soul, had one of those cheap tom tom's , worked like a dream, but it fell off my first trip, and Reddragon  ran right over it  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »

I made a good living off of computers and the environment they live in, but I can't figure out a GPS to save my soul, had one of those cheap tom tom's , worked like a dream, but it fell off my first trip, and Reddragon  ran right over it  :ohwow:

was that before or after you pass a deerstand while riding down a goat trail?

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »

[/quot]

was that before or after you pass a deerstand while riding down a goat trail?

Which time, I've been down many goat trails, some times you will find a un-minded donkey  ;D ;D Deerstand's wouldn't be a ride without passing a couple.  :t

Brookster

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 07:10:08 AM »

I agree with Sherri !
LET'S RIDE !!!
I don't care where we go .
Let's just go as a group.
A group of good friends!!!
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:58 AM »

Use something besides bailing wire to secure it to the bike, and I wouldn't have to run over it.   >:D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »

Use something besides bailing wire to secure it to the bike, and I wouldn't have to run over it.   >:D

Glad your back  ::)  :stickpoke:

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »

12 days and counting -  :bikerider:
'03 VTX 1300S Retro
Texas Sons Of Liberty Rider
http://texassonsoflibertyriders.ning.com/

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »