Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's plan a ride-Sunday October 3rd to Roundtop  (Read 11115 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Let's plan a ride-Sunday October 3rd to Roundtop
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

Lifes been complicated lately, the hours I've been working suck but hey I gotta job right? The next day I have available that I can ride is the first Sunday in October (that's 15 days from now) October 3rd to be exact. So let's plan a ride, I don't care if I lead or follow, let's pick a direction and go, any takers?

Here is the info so you don't have to read through whole post for clues:
Meet at 10:00  at HEB gas station in Katy just off Fry and I-10 (about 1/2 block north of I-10)
1550 Fry Road, Houston.  We will be eating at http://www.royersroundtopcafe.com/ should be there right around 12.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1550+Fry+Road,+Houston,+TX&daddr=Farm-To-Market+Rd+359+N+to:Bellville,+TX+to:105+Main+Street,+Round+Top,+TX+to:Burton,+TX+to:Independence,+TX+to:Chappell+Hill,+TX+to:Farm-To-Market+Rd+1371%2FFM+1371+Rd+to:29.978729,-96.137238+to:Brookshire,+TX&hl=en&geocode=FWWLxgEdgXlL-ilNYrPjkNhAhjEHIObse46xBQ%3BFfiOxwEdDj1H-g%3BFREByQEdXjtD-ildV6DFRlJBhjEu-HkLp40P_Q%3BFZPDygEdbIs8-ikrHNeZkAtEhjEhKcjQ0YDyqw%3BFRCLzAEduBE--ilXLHQ8HxBEhjG20ozkDP00sQ%3BFVSjzgEd1d1B-ik_29YADaFGhjF04dfpTKbJhA%3BFSTwywEdZT1D-iktKXR5Nq5GhjH3FeDS33DJaQ%3BFSZjygEdovdD-g%3B%3BFdB_xgEdJudH-ikVeL1pWDBBhjGAVpyikxW1Nw&mra=dpe&mrcr=5&mrsp=8&sz=11&via=1,7,8&sll=29.94125,-96.004715&sspn=0.280842,0.44014&ie=UTF8&ll=30.09999,-96.402283&spn=0.560784,0.88028&z=10&layer=c&pw=2

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:40:10 AM by sherri »

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Let's plan a ride
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »

Wrist still hurting so can't give anwser right now..........:(
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »

Hey I'm jeff and new here,
I totally understand about the overworking.  I reciently started training for a new position and my hours are crazy.  The reason I'm on here is to meet new biker friends and cruise the open road with them.  So If I'm open on that day I would love to hop on my bike with my girlfriend and tag along.
Thank :c
VTXaholics
(anonymous)
My bar tab will always be less than yours!!

Jeff Jones

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:33:56 AM »

I'm heading to the Boo Rally on the 3rd, there's your ride.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:27:19 AM »

I thought it was on the 8th - 9th - and 10th.  :banghead:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »

Oh Crap your right (October 8, 9, 10 ) Now wouldn't that have been a fine thing, showing up on the 3rd  :c Guess I'd just have to move in with Chad for a week  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:57:26 AM »

Oh Crap your right (October 8, 9, 10 ) Now wouldn't that have been a fine thing, showing up on the 3rd  :c Guess I'd just have to move in with Chad for a week  ;D

Why'd you tell him.  Sure wouldv'e been funny.  :rofl:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »

Wayne and I will be soaking up the rays while sitting on the beach drinking Tortuga Rum in the Grand Caymans on Oct 3rd.  So I think we will pass on this ride  :c
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »

I think I should be ready by then and finally get out and ride - been sidelined with a stress fracture and sprained ligament on left knee   :thumbup:
'03 VTX 1300S Retro
Texas Sons Of Liberty Rider
http://texassonsoflibertyriders.ning.com/

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »

I think I should be ready by then and finally get out and ride - been sidelined with a stress fracture and sprained ligament on left knee   :thumbup:
Those knee injuries are a PITA...hope you heal up quickly and completely
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »

Keep us posted on the ride plans. I don't think I have any plans that day.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »

i plan on it lucky - went out today for a coffee run and was okay but when i got home  :ohwow:

sherri - any ideas on where we wanna hook up? i know it's early but one of the few things to look forward to  :goldwing:

maybe gumbo has some ideas as this will be my inagural ride / M&G all rolled into one   ;D
'03 VTX 1300S Retro

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »

i plan on it lucky - went out today for a coffee run and was okay but when i got home  :ohwow:

sherri - any ideas on where we wanna hook up? i know it's early but one of the few things to look forward to  :goldwing:

maybe gumbo has some ideas as this will be my inagural ride / M&G all rolled into one   ;D

OK, here is just a word of warning, best take it to heart. DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD, repeat, DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD!!! He will take you in the wrong direction and claim he know's this road, been down it a hundred times, "Oh we're going the wrong way, I knew it, this was just a test to see if you knew which direction we were headed". Trust me!

:boxing: :boxing: :stickpoke: :pot:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »

OK, here is just a word of warning, best take it to heart. DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD, repeat, DO NOT LET GUMBO LEAD!!! He will take you in the wrong direction and claim he know's this road, been down it a hundred times, "Oh we're going the wrong way, I knew it, this was just a test to see if you knew which direction we were headed". Trust me!

:boxing: :boxing: :stickpoke: :pot:

Just testing you Hooter, you passed  :thumbup: :thumbup:

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

you peole crack me up -  :c
'03 VTX 1300S Retro
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal