Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I posted before the last BBT.....  (Read 3106 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: I posted before the last BBT.....
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »

two
It's all just part of the adventure!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 06:38:27 PM »

three

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 06:52:09 PM »

wouldn't mind going back and maybe stop by Fort McKevett on the way back and Stonehendge although that might be a lot to do in a day. There's also The Devil's Sinkhole in Rock Springs that I've been wanting to see but you have to make an appointment. Maybe one of you map gurus could see how far it is down to Langtry the home of Judge Roy Bean, The Law West of the Pecos been wanting to go there to but that may also be a long run. 

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:03 PM »

Wednesday is STEAK night at the 11th Street Cowboy Bar. Bring your own steak. They have the fixings, salad and baked potato. Going early is the only way I get to ride all the roads I want to ride. If you want a close by challenge, drive up 16 from Bandera to Kerrville. It's a road that nearly got me killed last year. I was pointing out a bit of road trash and ended up crossing over the line and into oncoming traffic. Luckily, there wasn't any oncoming traffic.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »

wouldn't mind going back and maybe stop by Fort McKevett on the way back and Stonehendge although that might be a lot to do in a day. There's also The Devil's Sinkhole in Rock Springs that I've been wanting to see but you have to make an appointment. Maybe one of you map gurus could see how far it is down to Langtry the home of Judge Roy Bean, The Law West of the Pecos been wanting to go there to but that may also be a long run. 

I'm your Huckleberry.  I think the Sinkhole is a good place to go when on the Twisted Sisters if I remember correctly.  I looked at it on Google Earth and it just looks like a hole filled with water (not sure if it was water or just dark).  Can you actually go down into it?
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »

The Devil's sinkhole is about 96-98 miles taking a more direct route and 2 hrs approx.  Might be a good option to leave earlier than normal.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »

The Devil's sinkhole is about 96-98 miles taking a more direct route and 2 hrs approx.  Might be a good option to leave earlier than normal.

it's outside of Rock springs , on the way to Sonora. The big deal is that there is  a huge bat colony there in the summer but we will be too early for that. There is a motorcycle tour , don't know what it entails.  Just throwing out some alternate destinations. Me and Collin rode to the caves last year, it was a good but a long ride. Would have to leave fairly early
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal