Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I posted before the last BBT.....  (Read 3107 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
I posted before the last BBT.....
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:12:41 AM »

I was interested in seeing some sights while there and listed them out.  I was told that we would be making all the stops....let see how that panned out:

The Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool - NOPE  :redcard:
Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop in Leakey - NOPE  :redcard:
Lost Maples State Natural Area - NOPE  :redcard:
Stonehenge II near Hunt - NOPE  :redcard:
Frontier Times Museum  - NOPE  :redcard:
Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop and Bent Rim Grill - NOPE  :redcard:
11th Street Cowboy Bar (ok, don't worry about this one...I'll have no problem finding this) - I FOUND IT....SEVERAL TIMES   :thumbup:
Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar Bar - IF IT WAS OPEN I FOUND IT   :thumbup:

Ahh....good times. 

I need a different tour guide this time around. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: I posted before the last BBT.....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »

Nothing says you can't be your own tour guide  :t :t

Free to do what ever you want, I will bring up guided tours on our next board meeting, then see who signs up to guide a tour and where. All I know for sure is no one but no one wants me to guide a tour.  :redcard: :redcard:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

Nothing says you can't be your own tour guide  :t :t

Free to do what ever you want, I will bring up guided tours on our next board meeting, then see who signs up to guide a tour and where. All I know for sure is no one but no one wants me to guide a tour.  :redcard: :redcard:

Actually I really had fun on Paul's ride.  This time I am going to make some backup rides on GPS and see what else is out there.   I might need to be in a much smaller group so I can stop and take a million pics.  We'll see how it all pans out.  By then I might want to just follow someone.  I did get to see the WIllow trail and went on some higher elevation rides but really don't even know where we went.  Paul? 

I want to ride with you and Gary on the ride up if you are stopping at that brewery and Luckenbach again.  Heck, as long as there is a couple of beer stops I don't even care where it is...LOL. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 03:34:36 PM »

We will set it up Scott.  I was having a blast just getting to ride that sporty on the roads it was intended to be ridden on. 

We took some back roads.......well I guess they are all kind of some back roads, but we really took some real back roads to and from Willow City Loop. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

matap

• Board
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

Scott I thought you were with us when we did 3 Sisters?  I think there was some threat of bad weather and we nixed going down 336 back to Leakey and boogied thru to Hunt.

Wait as I'm typing this, I remember we just passed it up with trying to get back quickly. 

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »

The rides/sights are like the M&G's/get togethers. All you have to do is pick a destination or three and post it as a ride, and others can chime in for a group ride. If no one chimes in, you will be able to take the ride yourself. I haven't been to a few of those, and would like to myself. Get a ride planned you like, and POST it! Other than the now defunct spring thing and the BBT, most rides, get togethers and rally rides are started by members anyway, not the prez or board members. You don't need permission to post any ride at all. We have even had members to post rides to take in leiu of BBT participation. (They are dead now) ;D  Just kidding. If you want to get a ride up to a strip club, just post pic's and put it in the Dead Zone! Not kidding there :o ;D. Anybody in the group is able to institute a function. As they say...
JUST DOOO IT!
SSSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

The rides/sights are like the M&G's/get togethers. All you have to do is pick a destination or three and post it as a ride, and others can chime in for a group ride. If no one chimes in, you will be able to take the ride yourself. I haven't been to a few of those, and would like to myself. Get a ride planned you like, and POST it! Other than the now defunct spring thing and the BBT, most rides, get togethers and rally rides are started by members anyway, not the prez or board members. You don't need permission to post any ride at all. We have even had members to post rides to take in leiu of BBT participation. (They are dead now) ;D  Just kidding. If you want to get a ride up to a strip club, just post pic's and put it in the Dead Zone! Not kidding there :o ;D. Anybody in the group is able to institute a function. As they say...
JUST DOOO IT!
SSSSSSsssssnake

Snake said it...it is like he said...post what you want to do and usually several people will follow.  We usually come several days ahead of BBT so we can make sure and get the sights in.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 04:28:08 PM »

I thought we did stop at Frio Canyon?  I was on that ride.  I'll ride wherever...I will just limit the dancing and the beer the night before....
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

Me last year: motorcycle museum , check. Frio river check, Stonehenge , check,  plus Rock Springs and the Caverans of Sonora. Guess my rides are too long for some folks.
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »

My sportster only goes 100 miles per tank  :couch:

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »

Scott I thought you were with us when we did 3 Sisters?  I think there was some threat of bad weather and we nixed going down 336 back to Leakey and boogied thru to Hunt.

Wait as I'm typing this, I remember we just passed it up with trying to get back quickly. 

I thought we might have done one or two sisters (pun intended) but wasn't sure what roads.  So. I am gathering we came in 337 and up 335 then 41 East, is that about right?  I loved the mountains and want to hit those again so will make sure I get a trip to Three sisters again. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »

Me last year: motorcycle museum , check. Frio river check, Stonehenge , check,  plus Rock Springs and the Caverans of Sonora. Guess my rides are too long for some folks.

Might follow you if you are doing a repeat. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »

I was looking at a map and just realized how far the Willow Loop was from the Sisters.  Got a much better idea of the layout after being there once already. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 06:31:15 PM »

If you haven't been to the Caverans of Sonora I highly recommend them. Really beautiful caves.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:27 PM »

a few pics of the caves
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal