Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: where did you get your 240 tire kit?  (Read 1957 times)

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
where did you get your 240 tire kit?
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »

I know alot of people on here have them, where did you get yours? Did you get it locally or off the internet. I'm fixing to be in the market for one of these and wanted to know where the best deals are. I like the sumo-x the most so far....

Thanks

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace

xriderintx

• Old Timer
Re: where did you get your 240 tire kit?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »

im lookin into the xchoppers kit..got good service and a great product with the 200\210 fender i bought from them..i like the sumo kit also but i believe u have to buy the matching seat  to go with it..i like my corbin  and i spent enuff on that i dont think i need the suction cup seat from sumo..id be worried someone would steal it! I Think u can modify  some seats to work with the sumo fender though..oh well just my 2 cents worth..u goin with the 240 or the 250? The 250 looked alot wider but it sure is a tight fit..L8ter
03 1800c.. 6degree trees,cp punisher bars,corbin gunslinger,v&h bigshots,xchop

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 07:16:57 PM »

Not a cheap conversion huh..... :-\

Is there cutting and welding involved?  I don't think I can start cutting up my X just yet...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »

If you go with the sumo-x you will need to cut the frame no welding involved

xriderintx

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 09:13:06 AM »

yes it can be expensive..especially the wheels. Im goin with the sumo mimic wheel to cut cost..seen a thread on the OA board where the guy went with a sumo wheel and it lookd pretty good. Dont want to cut my frame either thats another reason im going with the xchoppers fender...the swingarm can be had for less  from places like Sons Of Thunder or maybe Gateway Extreme..but im not sure if they come with the reinforcements (or if they really need it) and  if u can fit a 250 if u decide to try that later..im still looking into that..i want fat,but i want safe first.

xriderintx

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »

forgot to mention..u can also get ur stock rear wheek cut and resized for the 240..maybe save a few bucks going that route too..check out kosman.net or gateway extreme if u think u may want to go that route

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »

I got mine from Viking before they went under.  I would go with Venon's suggestion and go with Xtreme Revolutions.  I got the their metal rear fender and I had to do some grinding on the frame but no cutting.

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »

oh yeah...and my swing arm is reinforced and can run up to 250 rubber.  I also got the Mimic rear wheel.

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 08:13:22 PM »

No offense, I don't like the long rear fender. I like the shorter "victory" style? (I think that's what they call it) I like the fender in the sumo-x kits also. I've been really considering the mimic wheel also since i think it will be a cheaper option. Curently my wheels are painted black in the center and machined on the lips. I'll have to polish the front wheel lips but that wont be too bad I don't think. I just didn't know if anyone had "connections" in the DFW area so I don't walk in and get the typical "you're not important BS from most parts sales reps" or if I should just order offline. What do you have to cut on the kits you guys are talking about? I looked at the sumo-x instructions and it didn't say anything about cutting? Also what's involved in modding your rear wheel and making it an 18X8.5? does anyone have any after pics of this? Is it worth it or just get a "new" wheel? If I could meet up with some of the local guys who have done this conversion and talk I think this would shed a lot of light on the situation...

Thanks for all the help...
Nick

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 09:59:25 PM »

No offense taken.  I originally I bought it to cut it custom but during mockup I just liked the look.  Besides everybody has a big tire kit with a short fender I wanted to be different.

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 12:10:59 AM »

if buying the summo-x fenders  you will need to cut the frame just past the shock mounts

you can see where the frame will meet up with the fender and the inside of the struts

you will also need to drill a hole in the frame to put another bolt through the strut once the fender is on the frame just mark the pre drilled hole on the strut to the frame then drill away... it was easy

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »

I would talk to Stump at www.azphats.com to get set up.

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal