Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno testing?  (Read 2317 times)

BIgD130O

Dyno testing?
« on: July 09, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »

anyone know of a shop where I can take my bike and fine tune it on a dyno around the dallas area?  I put on the spike air cleaner and cobra shorts with the baffles removed....Ive only done the scar method and I want to really dial it in so I know for sure I got it right

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Dyno testing?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:37:32 PM »

Metric Tech in McKinney...  Solid guy and knows what he's doing.  Otherwise, Johnny Cheese down south of you.   O0

bombero8

• Trailer Queen
  • Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:06:25 AM »

You might also try Piper performance in N. Richland Hills. Cliff is one of the few tuners in this area. As stated earlier, Johnny Cheese outside of Austin has an excellent reputation.
'05 1800F

Who needs crack when you can get chrome!
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/bombero8/?sc=1&addtype=local

David

• Rider
  • I'm back home in TEXAS!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:49:43 AM »

Well, the Map session didn't go well. Dean (Metric Tech) diagnosed my flashing Throttle Position Sensor error code as, wait for it.....

a faulty Throttle Position Sensor! Imagine that. What pisses me off is the twits at Rockwall Honda are STILL convinced that the ECM is faulty. Actually just called me to tell me it would be in next Tuesday.

But, Dean recommended I go see Nathan at Maxim Honda and tell him that Dean says the TPS is out. Nathan didn't even hesitate, told the other service manager to order the Throttle Body assembly (can't just replace the TPS, gotta replace the entire throttle body).

But, sigh, it won't be in until next Tuesday, and can't see the tech until Thursday (he'll try to work it in earlier tho) - so I may NOT have a bike for BBT  >:( :'( >:( :'(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:35:01 PM by David »
David

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »

How much does he charge?

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:23:08 AM »

Metric Tech in McKinney...  Solid guy and knows what he's doing.  Otherwise, Johnny Cheese down south of you.   O0

+1  Dean is a great guy and knows his stuff

David

• Rider
  • I'm back home in TEXAS!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »

How much does he charge?

For a Fuel Injected bike (1800's) he charges $250. He maps each cylinder independently, which is the advantage of having a Power Commander.

I don't know how much he charges for a carbureted bike. More labor with changing jets to optimize A/F. You should call him to check it out.
David

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal