Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Electrical Help  (Read 1056 times)

wearevenom2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Garland Tx
    • myspace
Electrical Help
« on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

So who around the Dallas area is the electrical genius. I need hep I want to add a fuse block. I got a fairing and would like to add a radio, amp, and a 12 volt charger. anyone wanna help? I could work around anyones schedule. I would like ta make it a quick connect for easy removal.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Electrical Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »

Just run a 10 gauge wire from the battery to the fuse block. Use a fuse block with bayonet fuses and spade connectors; it'll all be quick disconnect then. You'll probably have a stud and nut to accept a ring terminal on your 10 gauge wire. Trim the stud short enough to make it flush with the top of the nut (with the ring terminal attached, naturally) and cover it up with several layers of liquid electrical tape (available at WallyWorld and at most auto parts outlets).

Voila!!!
02 1800C

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:47:43 AM »

One thing that you could use as a connector is a trailer light hook up! They have those in  10 gage wire so it would be a quick disconnect and water proof! Have them at Wallyworld to!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

telcoman48

• Rider
  • my name is paul, and i ride a 2010 red goldwing
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »

i would glad to help you, if you need an extra set of eyes and hands.....pm me

VTXMETALHEAD

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »

I was gonna say what hipshot said but he beat me to it.

cheez

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:54:14 AM »

So who around the Dallas area is the electrical genius. I need hep I want to add a fuse block. I got a fairing and would like to add a radio, amp, and a 12 volt charger. anyone wanna help? I could work around anyones schedule. I would like ta make it a quick connect for easy removal.

I've done all of my own electrical work and haven't destroyed anything yet... I've done my own fuse block and just put on a Kuryakyn 3-switch clutch master cylinder-mount cluster for my Shark stereo and dual 12v power outlets. Hit me up via PM and we can get together and discuss what you want to do- I do mostly spade-type and crimped butt connectors, with heat shrink to waterproof. I live like 10 miles from Fry's Electronics so we can get whatever you need on the super cheap, and I'll help you get it all installed. I work nights right now so any day in the early evening would work well, or perhaps one weekend coming up that isn't either Valentine's day or my Anniversary (10th! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal