Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Texas Bucket List Trip #02 - Dubl-R Burger in Waco - Saturday November 21  (Read 7332 times)

paffap

• Old Timer
Re: Texas Bucket List Trip #2 - Dubl-R Burger in Waco - Saturday November 21
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »

I plan to go, might bring a buddy, coming from Sugar Land So just let me know what time y'all are leaving and I will meet you there. After your breakfast.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »

I plan to go, might bring a buddy, coming from Sugar Land So just let me know what time y'all are leaving and I will meet you there. After your breakfast.

If we leave by 8:30 we should make Waco by noon which I would like to do so we can ride back in the daylight.  

We'll be going through Bryan about an hour after we leave Dobbin if you want to meet there.  I don't know exactly where but we can figure that out if that helps.  

There is a Kroger @ Booneville and Hwy 6 Frontage with a Kroger Gas station.  We can top off there and head to Waco. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:01:05 PM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »

Not making it anymore.  At least I can't do a ride that far & long.  I have to prepare for a trip the following weekend. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »

Not making it anymore.  At least I can't do a ride that far & long.  I have to prepare for a trip the following weekend. 

Gas, air...what's to prepare.  This is a day ride man.   :redcard:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Texas Bucket List Trip #2 - Dubl-R Burger in Waco - Satruday November 21
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »

The weather is starting to cooperate.  In Dobbin only 20% chance of rain @ 8AM with chances in the entire area diminishing through the day, in Waco even less.  Going to be mid 50's to low 60's and sunny.  Don't forget your sunscreen!   :thumbup:

Yep looking good, I'm ready to go :bikerider:
Another good meet up spot to consider is Love Pies, good breakfast, but Dobin works also cya there. 

I LOVE PIE!!!  WHat do they have for breakfast?  I don't mind changing this up a bit. 

Check this out https://local.yahoo.com/info-169260931-love-pies-navasota pretty sure if you search Love Pies you can find a menu :lunch:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »

I leave the middle of next week and need all day Saturday and Sunday to do what I need to do.  I don't have time during the week especially with it getting dark so early. 

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »

I leave the middle of next week and need all day Saturday and Sunday to do what I need to do.  I don't have time during the week especially with it getting dark so early. 

Remember Rocket67, he also rides a Harley  :bikerider: Takes a lot of time to get one ready for more than 100 mile trip. :stickpoke:
I know you've been getting ready all week.  :pot: ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »

It's going to be a great weekend for a ride, anyone else interested in going  ???
Rocket breakfast at Love Pies or Dobbin? Call it with a time and meet up place  :bikerider: If Love pies, Buc-ee's 290 @ 362 would be a good spot say 7:30  :popcorn: call it make it official ;D

Ya'll get off your butts and ride :bikerider: :bikerider: :c 

matap

• Board
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 09:38:11 AM »

I really want to go because I haven gotten to ride with my buddies but I just don't have the extra time right now. 

Besides my big bike looks like this right now

But it's getting this

and it's getting some heated grips that I really want to test out but I have obligations. 

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »

weather forecast for up here in DFW sucks for Saturday....tomorrow would be perfect!..and today..
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »

weather forecast for up here in DFW sucks for Saturday....tomorrow would be perfect!..and today..

What you talkin bout Willis  ??? 20% that aint nothing :bikerider:

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

***ANYONE GOING PLEASE CHECK THE 1ST POST FOR UPDATES***

It's looking like a front is moving through early in the AM but is supposed to clear around the time we were going to head out.  To avoid anyone having to head out in the rain we will slide the time if need be.  The easiest way to do that would be to just forget breakfast and KSU from Dobbin Saloon around 8:30.  If this clears out earlier you have an option to be there for departure @ 8:30 or you can get there earlier and have breakfast.  

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

Don't know what the weather man down in y'alls end of the world is saying but up here in Waco area their saying about 35 degrees Saturday morning with wind blowin from the north 25-35 mph with 30% scattered showers.  :cuss: :ohwow: :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »

Don't know what the weather man down in y'alls end of the world is saying but up here in Waco area their saying about 35 degrees Saturday morning with wind blowin from the north 25-35 mph with 30% scattered showers.  :cuss: :ohwow: :c :c

Where are you seeing that?  It's going to be cool but during the time we will be there the only thing in the 30's is the dew point. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:52:25 AM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »

I aint scart  :no no:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal