Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 5089 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Golf
« on: September 29, 2006, 01:56:32 AM »

A man was at the country club for his weekly round of golf (and he wore his lucky shirt) He began his round with an eagle on the first hole and a birdie the second. On the third hole he had just scored his first ever hole-in-one when his cell phone rang.

It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was and that the he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best ever round of golf. He decided to get in a couple of more holes before heading to the hospital. He ended up finishing all eighteen. He finished his round shooting a personal best 61 shattering the club record by five strokes and beating his previous best game by more than 10.

He was jubilant, then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition. The doctor glared at him and shouted, "You went ahead and finished your round of golf didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself at the country club, your wife has been languishing in the ICU! Its just as well you went ahead and finished that round because it will be more than likely your last! For the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. And you'll be her care giver!"

The man was feeling so guilty, he broke down and sobbed.

The doctor started to snicker and said, "Just kidding! She died more than two hours ago. What'd you shoot?" 
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Golf
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:11:37 AM »

;D ;D ;D  O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 07:06:12 AM »

I figured that one would be right up your alley, Paul. Good to see you smiling again...  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »

I don't know if I should laugh, or look over my shoulder and see if my wife wont shop my head off
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

;D that is great.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal