Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chris Kyle PGR Event  (Read 5552 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Chris Kyle PGR Event
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

PGR has been asked to accompany Chris Kyle to his final resting spot. If you have the time to join me and my PGR brothers and sisters, I encourage it.

(PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED CORRESPONDENCE –
Replies Are Routed To An Unmonitored Mailbox)
CenTex Addendum to North TX Mission
CPO Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle, US Navy SEAL

The family of Chief Petty Officer Chris Kyle has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in the Procession and Interment of their Loved One.

Date: Tuesday, 12 Feb 13

Staging Time: 0900 (Top off, THEN stage at 0900)

Staging Location: Flying J/Harley-Davidson Complex, 2409 South New Road, Waco, TX 76711 (http://tinyurl.com/23q9h9e)

Briefing: 0910

Flagline Establishment: 0930 +/- Once the Procession has passed we will strike the flagline and prepare to participate in the procession to Austin.

WX: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Notes: <-- READ THESE!

1. Be at staging ON TIME and already topped off.

2. LOOK for where our bikes are staging (H-D or Flying J) and begin lining up if you are participating in the procession.

3. After the flagline is struck, CenTex will direct riders coming from up north to fuel points and restaging area.

4. From restaging on, all direction will come from the North Texas Ride Captains.

5. Hydrate well prior, bring water for yourself and a buddy, recheck the weather and dress with consideration of the conditions.

Please join us in honoring this US Navy SEAL for his selfless service to our Great Nation and his Community.

Ride Captain: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254.526.8265, 254.383.6281; krdecker@embarqmail.com
Assistant Ride Captain: Ron “Joker” Smith; 254.415.8204; ron.smith4950@hot.rr.com
Flag Wrangler: CJ "CeeJ" Foy; 254.317.8226; foy@foyco.com

http://www.CenTexPGR.org
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Chris Kyle PGR Event
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

I will try and make it but just put wife back in hospital so will see how it goes .
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

First things first, Larry. Best wishes sent your way.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:45:18 AM »

:flag: My brother and I intend to make the ride :flag: :flag:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:48:25 AM »

It'll be good to see you, Kenny.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:29 AM »

:notworthy: Same to you Jim Jeff!!!:-)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »

Glen Beck listed it as Monday but Shaggy also said it was Tuesday.
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

It's Tuesday. This is the latest, as of an email I received at 12:30 today:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got a call from my North Texas POC...

CHANGE 1, Per family wishes:  There will be NO refueling stop in Waco. Law enforcement is going to slow down the procession in the area of the Flying J to allow riders already staged there to do a “rolling insertion” under the direction of CenTex Ride Captains & Law Enforcement at the I-35 entrance ramp south of the Flying J.

There are no changes to the Waco staging time and location as of yet. Just be there topped off, on time and ready to roll!

Status of the flagline establishment in Waco is up in the air right now.  You may wish to simply occupy a location on an overpass or side the freeway along the I-35 route to Austin. SAFELY!

Please keep an eye on our website for possible updates: http://www.CenTexPGR.org

Remember, this is about honoring this Warrior and respecting his families’ wishes.

Semper Gumby!

Thanks for understanding,

Mare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPO Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle, US Navy SEAL

The family of Chief Petty Officer Chris Kyle has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders in the Procession and Interment of their Loved One.

Staging Location: Flying J/Harley-Davidson Complex, 2409 South New Road, Waco, TX 76711 (http://tinyurl.com/23q9h9e)

Flagline Establishment: 0930 +/- Once the Procession has passed we will strike the flagline and prepare to participate in the procession to Austin. <—Status UNK

KSU: 0930 +/-

WX: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

2. LOOK for where our bikes are staging (H-D or Flying J) and begin lining up if you are participating in the procession.

3. After the flagline is struck, CenTex will direct riders coming from up north to fuel points and restaging area.<—Status UNK

4. From restaging Waco KSU on, all direction will come from the North Texas Ride Captains.

5. Hydrate well prior, bring water for yourself and a buddy, recheck the weather and dress with consideration of the conditions.

Please join us in honoring this US Navy SEAL for his selfless service to our Great Nation and his Community.

Ride Captain: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254.526.8265, 254.383.6281; krdecker@embarqmail.com
Assistant Ride Captain: Ron “Joker” Smith; 254.415.8204; ron.smith4950@hot.rr.com
Flag Wrangler: CJ "CeeJ" Foy; 254.317.8226; foy@foyco.com <—Status UNK

http://www.CenTexPGR.org
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

bulldog777

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »

Would love the honor to ride in this. May God bless the family.
Salute....fair weather and fair seas brother.
Bulldog777
2007 VTX 1300R
2004 Aero 750
Desert Shield/Desert Storm Vet

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »

Well, as of a couple of minutes ago, there has been another change, and kind of a substantial one for those of us not willing to stage in Midlothian. As this is looking to be more of a very crowded monkeyf*ck all the time, I'll either just go to the cemetery from the house here, or blow it off altogether. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter.  >:(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHANGE 2:

I have been notified by our State Captain that there will be NO ROLLING INSERTION in Waco because of SAFETY CONCERNS.

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROCESSION: If you have a bike that will make it from Midlothian to Austin WITHOUT REFUELING, then see the North Texas Website for staging instructions in Midlothian. DO NOT come to Waco thinking you will join the procession.

TO RIDE WITH A GROUP FROM WACO TO AUSTIN AHEAD (Way Ahead) OF THE PROCESSION: Follow the staging instructions below. North Texas will be leading a group of riders to Austin way ahead of the procession.

If you wish to attend/help with the Interment in Austin, see their website.

The flagline in Waco at the Flying J is a STAND DOWN. Please feel free to line I-35 & the overpasses all the way down to Austin. My guess is as good as yours as to when they will pass each overpass. HINT: KSU from Midlothian is 0800 and they will be traveling approximately 50 mph. I am horrible at math, so please don’t ask me to calculate what time they will pass different areas... please.

AGAIN, Thank you for your understanding. This change was made purely in the interest of our riders' SAFETY.

Mare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHANGE 2
CPO Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle, US Navy Special Warfare, SEAL Team

Staging Location: Flying J/Harley-Davidson Complex (LOOK FOR OUR BIKES after you top off), 2409 South New Road, Waco, TX 76711 (http://tinyurl.com/23q9h9e)

KSU : 0915 +/-

WX:  IT’S GONNA BE WET! A 40 TO 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 67. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

2. LOOK for where our bikes are staging (H-D or Flying J) and begin lining up TO RIDE TO EARLY AUSTIN WITH NORTH TEXAS.

3. From staging Waco KSU on, all direction will come from the North Texas Ride Captains.

http://www.pgrtexas.org/North%20Texas/2013/February/February-11-Kyle.htm
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »

:flag: :flag:It was a very moving and worthwhile ride!!!  :flag: :flag:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:54:42 AM by VTreX »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »

:flag: :flag:It was a very moving and worthwhileride!!!  :flag: :flag:

Glad you got to make it, but is "worthwhileride" one word   ??? I'm going to start using that one  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

:redcard: :redcard: :cuss:   [O K BANJO!!!!! :pot: :flag:/color]

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal