Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Georgetown Honda is no more  (Read 3157 times)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Georgetown Honda is no more
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »

Guys, in case you did not know, Georgetown Honda was purchased by Central Texas Powersports (http://www.ctpowersports.com/) Personally I hate this has happened. Georgetown Honda always had great customer service and great prices. I hope Central Texas Powersports will be the same.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
Re: Georgetown Honda is no more
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

:cuss: this sucks!!  That is where I bought my bike. I know that at anytime I could ride over and they would know me and my bike. Always happy to go there. I hope the new company kept the same people.

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »

They kept some of the people, but not everyone. I know the service manager was one that did not survive. Regarding the mechanics, I don't know. When I was told about the purchase, I was at Georgetown Honda and they were in the middle of the negotiations. The negotiations  was regarding the money. I was told the new store wanted to pay them significantly less. You ask me, that is bull crap. Those guys know there stuff. If I find out more, I’ll let y’all know.
2005 VTX 1300
K&N Air Filter
Cobra Sissy Bar
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »

That is what these big companies are doing now. They buy a business and or hire new management and pay less.

If Georgetown was profitable at what they were doing then why did they sell? If the business was in a financial bind then you know why they need to cut overhead. If the owners mismanaged the business then you have a poor worker suffering for the managements bad decisions. :redcard:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »

I had heard this was going down. Too bad, I have been there before. Seem like nice folks and always recommended to folks passing thru  from out of town.
It's all just part of the adventure!

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »

Central Texas Powersports is not a "big company" buying a little one.  It is owned by Steve Littlefield...local merchant...and he has always provided great service and sponsored bike events at his store a little further north on IH35 in Georgetown...so it just might be an improvement.  It does now give him full spectrum from Honda, Yamaha to Kawi....so give it a chance.  Not all change is bad change.  Just sayin'.....
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 09:15:16 AM »

Went to Central Texas Powersports for the first time two weekends ago. I was impressed by the store. It is big with all kinds of bikes and they have a lot accessories and parts in stock. Which personally I like, b/c  I like instant gratification.
     I went to Central Texas Powersports to pick-up  a battery for the X. I called Woods and Central Texas Powersports. Central Texas Powersports was $20 cheaper, which is great.  I was also very surprise to see Sally there. I had no idea she worked there. Many of you may not know her, but she was a parts sales person at Woods back in 2001. Every time I would go to Woods she would always have a big smile, called me by my name and took good care of me.
     One of the parts guys survived the cut from Georgetown Honda, I don’t know about the mechanics, I did not ask b/c I was in a hurry. So far I’m impressed with Central Texas Powersports. I will start doing business there. I’ll keep you posted on my next visit.
2005 VTX 1300
K&N Air Filter
Cobra Sissy Bar
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs

bigblueskies98

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »

I just bought a bike from them, Customer service is a-1!!! VERY HONEST! I went in looking at a bike they had on Cycle Trader. The bike was CLEAN CLEAN but a bit over priced... After the NADA book came out, they saw it my way... the bike was worth "Book" but nothing more to me(I am cheap). They ended up coming off the price about $800.. This is on a 12 yr old bike. i would do business with them again...

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 04:05:44 PM »

I was in there a coupla months ago and they had tires at internet prices.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »

Make sure to get a complete quote on tires, if you're having them mount them. I put some new PR3s on the Feejer this summer, and was shocked, (shocked, I say!), at the service charge.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »

Make sure to get a complete quote on tires, if you're having them mount them. I put some new PR3s on the Feejer this summer, and was shocked, (shocked, I say!), at the service charge.
Thats very true. New Braunsfels had a "deal" on tires a while back but they had to mount and balance them. They charged shop labor rate which was $95 book hour. 1 hour per wheel! :ohwow: 

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:52:44 AM »

Thats very true. New Braunsfels had a "deal" on tires a while back but they had to mount and balance them. They charged shop labor rate which was $95 book hour. 1 hour per wheel! :ohwow: 

Well, they weren't that bad, but it was $140. I told them that was the last set of tires they would mount for me. I guess I should have asked, but this was the second set they mounted for me, and they didn't gouge on the first set. I like Steve, but that was way outta line
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal