Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BACA Charity Ride  (Read 2138 times)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
BACA Charity Ride
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »

This is a good organization with a good cause. I will try to make the ride. I hope some of you can participate.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173097342745414
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
Re: BACA Charity Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »

These guys seem to be doing things for a great cause, but i read something about one guys personal involvement in the group that made me raise an eyebrow.

the guy was detailing his first ride to a new kid's house, and he made the comment that since he was a probie or something along those lines, he was not there to see the kid when they made the initial introductions because he had to stand outside and guard.  He got to see the kid later on when he was relived of guard duty....

the having to stand guard bit frankly just struck me as ... very odd.  it frankly feels very MC, or even 1% to me (I know that these guys are not). 

Perhaps i am miss reading things, and I am just uninformed.   Whats the point of posting a guard??

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »

BACA is not a M/C per say but an Organization of Bikers.  As such there are some things they do that seem M/C ish like have probies, participate in COC, etc; this was taken from their website.

What is required to become a member of BACA?

To become a full-patched BACA member a person must have regular access to a motorcycle that will do the speed limit. They must be 18 years old or older. They must successfully pass a background check by not having any convictions for violent or abusive crimes against children. They must attend monthly BACA meetings, rides, court hearings, other BACA events and ride with the BACA chapter for one year. They are then presented to the governing Board of Directors and must be unanimously voted in to become a member.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »

To protect the child from whom ever is a threat to them, they only intervene when someone has become a threat to the child and or other family members and are asked for help. Sometimes an abusive parent/ family member needs to be kept away from the victim till authorities arrive, and sometimes after they leave a "guard" is needed to keep the threat away from the victim/ victims. As you could imagine, these matters can become very complicated and having some one to watch over the victims can help them to make difficult decisions without having to worry about their safety. It is F'D up, but thats the reality of the world we live in today.

These guys seem to be doing things for a great cause, but i read something about one guys personal involvement in the group that made me raise an eyebrow.

the guy was detailing his first ride to a new kid's house, and he made the comment that since he was a probie or something along those lines, he was not there to see the kid when they made the initial introductions because he had to stand outside and guard.  He got to see the kid later on when he was relived of guard duty....

the having to stand guard bit frankly just struck me as ... very odd.  it frankly feels very MC, or even 1% to me (I know that these guys are not). 

Perhaps i am miss reading things, and I am just uninformed.   Whats the point of posting a guard??

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »

Guys, the link is broken. Some how someone thought that the charity ride was inappropriate. Which I think it is  :cuss: I know of this b/c a friend of mine is involved. They are trying to get it back on. I'll keep you posted
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »

I wonder if that was my account you read? The purpose for standing guard is to keep people away from the ceremony that dont belong there. Our job is to empower and keep the children safe. If it was my account I can also tell you that, the case involved a perp who was a member of a prison gang and he was out on bond at the time so even more then most cases that one had a risk involved.

We are in no way shape or form a 1% gang.

I invite any and all of you in the Conroe/Spring/ Woodlands Montgomery county area to come to one of our chapter meetings to see what we are all about.

It never stops hurting you just stop caring

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal