Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TOADSTOCK  (Read 1641 times)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
TOADSTOCK
« on: April 25, 2006, 02:00:11 PM »

I don't have a clue as to how this may turn out, but a work-buddy of mine is hosting this event.  Below is a blurb that is running in several Arkansas papers.  The event is in Toad Suck, AR.  This is on the Arkansas River east of Little Rock.  Arkansas offers some great riding through the Ouachita and Ozark mountains.  I know this confilicts with BBT but I promised I would post it on our site.

Connie Oslica, an operations director for CenterPoint Energy Pipeline Services, and his family as hosts of the event are inviting all CenterPoint Energy employees to participate in the fun. Oslica’s daughter has a disorder called Neurofibromatosis (NF), tumor disorder that can cause tumors to grow anywhere on the body. Proceeds from this event will go towards NF research and patient support services for families affected by NF.

The ride will be a poker run style event that begins at 11 a.m. from the Lock and Dam. The entry fee is $25 for riders and $10 for a passenger and includes lunch at the end of the ride as well as entry to the concert. Online registration and additional information for the ride and music festival is available at www.nfteam.com/toadsuck.

The music festival will be held 1-4 p.m. The Oslica family and the Children’s Tumor Foundation welcome your family to attend the Toadstock event, featuring outdoor music from the Greasy Greens and Sho’Nuff as well as arts and crafts. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and drinks will be on sale (lunch graciously sponsored by Brock Service Painting Co.). Entry fee for the music festival is $10 for adults and $5 for children, or a maximum of $40 per family. Bring Frisbees, balls, lawn chairs, blankets, ice chest and anything else that would make your family comfortable.

For more information or to help with the event, please contact Connie or Lesley Oslica at 501-759-2710 or lesleyo@arbbs.net.

Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Dusty

Re: TOADSTOCK
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:30:13 PM »

Now that's something I would like to make. Let me know if they are going to do it next year too. Anything with a peace sign and suck in it has got to be a good time.  ;D

Seriously though, I watch a lot of the Discovery Health Channel and have seen specials about these tumors and the misery they cause. This would be a good cause to support not including some great riding.

Bill

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:49:24 PM »

when we rode in arkansas on easter weekend, we got pictures at nimrod lake, and rode through bugger holler ;D
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:03:55 PM »

There is a place near the Missouri border called Ignert Ridge.  Went through it a number of years ago but haven't found it since. Has anyone else been through it?
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal