Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reda Gas Can review  (Read 9165 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Reda Gas Can review
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »

The Redd Gas containers are made to fit in your saddle bags for those times when you might run short of gas and have been there a time or two.Anyway last year bought two of them one for each bag which would give me two or close to two gallons of gas.I did not have tie to really check them out untill a few weeks ago and so far think I made a good buy.
  A few weeks ago deceided to fill one of them up to check it out it held around 9/10ths of a gallon going to their fill line and might have been able to get the other 10th in without a problem.After comming home turned them every which way seeing if they would leak as I have had other type containers like this leak a little.There was no leak and no smell of gasoline so waited a few weeks a repeated the same thing and still no fumes or leaks.It was then time to pour the gas into the tank and see how much spilled or leaked as I poured  and again no problems with it leaking.I did get a bit of gas on my hands removing the nozzle from the gas can but think in the future that would not be a problem.So far pretty happy with the buy and when I buy another card reader will take pics of it in the saddle bags.It does take up about a third maybe more of the bag itself but if your on a long trip most carry other bags on the bikes as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:51:22 PM by larry_357 »
Alvin,Texas

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Redd Gas Can review
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

:notworthy:  thank you for the review!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Redd Gas Can review
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:59:29 AM »

Sure could have used those last Sept. and Oct. going thru N.M. and Nev. Got a little scary sometimes.  :ohwow:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal