Tech Talk > Tech Articles and Links

Rust removal from a gas tank - Writeup

<< < (2/5) > >>

hooter:
Thanks for the chime in and a great write up! Hope your doing ok, hadn't heard from you in a while. Take care and hope your back (I believe I had heard you were having problems) is better.
 :c :c

MRVTX:
Talk about TBT!   :thumbup:  Good to see you're still alive and kickin', Tapper!   :notworthy:

xcaliber:
 :agree: Good to hear from you, I enjoy your tech write ups

hipshot:
I've seen gravel and water used on a boat's fuel tanks.  Worked well.

Tapper:
I'm actually back riding again now.  For a while there, when I blew out my back, things didn't look too good.  I had a surgery that didn't work, and a lot of nonstop pain, and the painkillers to go with it.  Got to where I could barely walk with a cane, and between the pain and the codeine, I just lost all interest in doing much of anything, with anybody, and disappeared for a while.

But things got better, the pain subsided, I quit the painkillers, and slowly reclaimed my life, albeit with continuing back troubles.  But then I went and actually did something smart - I went on a serious diet, lost all the lard, and started working out - easy at first, but increasing gradually over time.  Now, 3 years later, I feel great.  No pain, can pretty much do what I want to do. 

I sold my VTX last year, and bought one of the new Rushmore Road Kings (great bike), and ride every chance I get.  Mostly alone, but I'm starting to ride with other folks a little.  I do miss riding with the x-riders, and wonder what happened to all the people I met there.  I have good memories.

I don't spend as much time online anymore, too much to do elsewhere, but I do check in from time to time.  Don't be surprised if yall have a ride, and a goofy guy on a black roadie pulls up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version