Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who do you trust?  (Read 3108 times)

Fatboy Walking

• Trailer Queen
Re: Who do you trust?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »

Brad,
    I'll be wearing a black Stoney Larue t-shirt and my VTX hat that day. We will be riding the hill country that morning and be at Luckenbach to listen to Kevin Deal play his music on stage that afternoon. Hope to see you there. And anyone else.

Keith

David

• Rider
  • I'm back home in TEXAS!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »

I brought an '04 VTX18C from out of state. Rockwall Honda is literally next door to me. I needed an inspection sticker for the title dance, and offered to throw them some additional work since the inspection sticker is not a money maker for anyone.

I asked that they change the oil & filter, and to "flush" the hydraulic fluids. When I got it back I had an inspection sticker on a POS plastic license plate frame that has "ROCKWALL HONDA" across it, and brown brake fluid. The bill showed no metal bracket for the inspection sticker that I requested, and three pints of Honda DOT4 fluid. When I challenged them about the bracket the service manager said he didn't do it, and asked if it was already on the bike?  >:(   I showed him the Missouri inspection sticker on the back side of the front left fork and asked him why he thought I bought it from his shop when it had a Missouri sticker and tags on it.

And absolutely had NO explanation for the brake fluid. I smarted off that our relationship is not starting off too well.

Then, the bikes' battery went dead. After a new Wal-Mart battery charged and installed I got a eight flash error code on my dash: the Throttle Position Sensor. Rockwall Honda looked at it and claimed it was the ECM. Why did they think that? Because they yanked an ECM off a wrecked bike and the error cleared, put mine back on and error was still there. It never occured to them that the new ECM won't show an error code until it sees it. It won't see it unless they spin the throttle up - which they never tried!?!

But, they insisted that the TPS was good, so I took it up to Metric Tech for Dean to do a Map for the PC3 (the TPS is required to build a Dyno map into the PC3). Well, guess what Dean said after about ten minutes of not being able to get a steady reading from the TPS? Take it to Maxim, they know what they are doing, the kids at Rockwall are only interested in sport bikes and ATV's.

So I'm waiting on a TPS/Throttle Body (it's all one assembly) to get installed tomorrow. I hope Maxim turns out to be as good as everyone says, because I need to be on the road Friday to BBT  :o
David

David

• Rider
  • I'm back home in TEXAS!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »

^^^^^ FOLLOW UP ^^^^^

I got the bike back from Maxim Motor Sports last Friday afternoon at 3:00  -- just in time to haul Cranberries to BBT V (my first BBT rally).

Bike ran fine, was a blast to ride the Hill Country for the weekend!

Next is back to Metric Tech for Dean to map the PC3.

No more Rockwall Honda for me!  >:(
David

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal