Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: %$#^%* bikers  (Read 1091 times)

terrible TC

%$#^%* bikers
« on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:24 AM »

Had a run in with a couple of a hole bikers. Actually its an insult to the rest of us to call them bikers, So I wont call them that again. Me and my fiance were comin home down 45 from houston today, me on the X and her in her car. I have a slower car in the left lane so we move over a lane make the pass and get back in front. Im watching the rearviews and theres 2 purple harleys comin up, I watch the lead guy pas the slower car, he doesnt change lanes to do it, he crowds her, in her lane and rides there gesturing. Idiot # 2 does the same. My fiance sees this and moves over. Not me Im watching. Im doin 85-90, not slow, then Beavis and Butthead do it to me. Im not to impressed, gave them the one finger wave as the get next to me, in the same lane and pass. Well, there I go, brain shut off and throttle opens up. get right up with them and play their game with them, except I run with them, I dont pass, I just stay next to the leader. Im pissed, but I confess Im not thinking. Idiot number 2 tries to run me up the back of another car. He chuckles as I slow down. Hes clever. Now I really hate him. Brain still shut off. I start my routine again. There matching cute purple bikes dont impress me, and I know that the cute purple ultra classic isnt goin anywhere faster than I am. Did I mention it was horrible metallic purple like you d see on somebodys crown vic on 24's? Mr leader promptly points at me, and then point me to move to another lane. I of course point to him, and point him not exactly to another lane but more on the lines of towards where my seat and tank meet up. Somewhere south. I finally come too, brain starts back up, I slow down as the follower cute matching purple bike motions to the boss to just go and get away. fine with me. I realize that I just stooped to A hole level like a dummy instead of movin over and taking it. Im bothered by it, both the fact that they did what they did and especially that I did what I did, stupid careless and all that. Later when we got home I talked to my fiance about it, figured Id apologize to her, I felt shameful. She then tells me what she had watched before the whole thing started. Theyd done it to other cars too. I dont get it. They werent in any MC, they dressed like dorks, didnt even have any riding clothing on but helmets with the fuzzy microphone things. they just looked like They had the money to buy cute matching purple harleys and thought that they were kings of the road. Ive never seen anyone on a bike act like that. Im sure if I had another bike with me they probably wouldnt have pulled that stuff. Maybe I did them a favor, maybe next time they realize that the next guy they do that to might really be crazy. I just hope I handle it better next time too. Any way thats it, otherwise a great weekend in houston, great rides to and from plus some good ones in between, just ended up on a bummer, because I just didnt want to back down. Especially to a 'couple'. that is all

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
Re: %$#^%* bikers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:06:03 AM »

If they do that all the time it wont take long and someone in a big truck wont find it very funny, same as you and they might meet the asphalt...

::)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: %$#^%* bikers
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »

I'm glad you finally backed off because it's not worth a crash or getting hurt for a couple of Dorks as you decribed. It's not hard to have a brain fart when somebody does that to ya and I've been guilty of that a time or two myself when I get cut off or pulled into, but it's not worth it anymore. They WILL get their's down the road somewere, not that we'll know it unless you happen to see it on the news and spot a Purple Dork machine and then you can laugh and say "Got Cha".   O0 O0 O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal