Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ABC Poker Run, Saturday May 17, 2008  (Read 3441 times)

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
ABC Poker Run, Saturday May 17, 2008
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »

Are any of you X Riders gonna be participating in this benefit??  Last years run was a BlAsT..!!!

http://www.abcpokerrun.net

tejasx

Re: ABC Poker Run, Saturday May 17, 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »

Gotta work  :'( :'( :'(

I get off at 2:30, if there is an after run meet somewhere let me know. 

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:22 AM »

Still no bike as of yet.

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
    • American veteran Pool Table Sevice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:48:39 AM »

theres not enough info on the site to spark an interest....wheres it start....what r the stops.....where does it end.....etc etc etc...
d

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:29:57 AM »

Looks like its actually two runs, one on Dallas side (Garland) and one on FW side.  The addresses for both are at the bottom of that page, click on Event Details for times... 

Dan, guess you're doing the one in Fort Worth?

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

We can't make it this year but I actually worked for Johnston Products for five years and was there when this began.  They run this event on behalf of Associated Builders and Contractors, of which they are a member.  There are, in fact, two different routes so folks don't have to ride so far to the starting point.  They both end at Johnston Products in Cedar Hill.  Thats where the auction, bbq, games etc all take place.
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »

Looks like its actually two runs, one on Dallas side (Garland) and one on FW side.  The addresses for both are at the bottom of that page, click on Event Details for times... 

Yeah, gonna do the Ft. Worth start. Although my understanding is that the poker stops are gonna be the same for both starting points, (Dallas or FTW). There is a group of riders that will be meeting at the "Dukes Roadhouse" in Bedford at 1000L, and heading from there to the starting point.... Come join us...  O0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:27:40 AM by SilverTribal Driver »

Paddyo

• Tejano
  • Bedford, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »

:)  :) Hey Dan,

We'll see you at Duke's at 10. Is someone bringing a map this time  :-\  :-\
04 VTX 1300C Black

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

Probably won't get up early enough to get over to Dukes, but the Dallas starting point is just a couple miles from us.  Maybe we'll see you at the end...

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

tejasx

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:03:38 AM »

Yeah, gonna do the Ft. Worth start. Although my understanding is that the poker stops are gonna be the same for both starting points, (Dallas or FTW). There is a group of riders that will be meeting at the "Dukes Roadhouse" in Bedford at 1000L, and heading from there to the starting point.... Come join us...  O0

DAN!!!!!!!!

Well, I screwed up and forgot about this event until it was too late and didn't ask for the day off.  I get off at 2:30 and I am only about 20 minutes from Cedar Hill.  I road the X to work, if you all are going to be at the end stop, then I could stop by.  Let me know what the game plan is.

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:28:56 AM »

DAN!!!!!!!!

Well, I screwed up and forgot about this event until it was too late and didn't ask for the day off.  I get off at 2:30 and I am only about 20 minutes from Cedar Hill.  I road the X to work, if you all are going to be at the end stop, then I could stop by.  Let me know what the game plan is.

Ken,
The plan is.... Do the Poker Run to the end, and then hang out and have some FREE BEER and BBQ, and listen to the LIVE music till it end at 7pm. After that... No plans, so we'll see what happens from there.. I'll look for ya at the BBQ...

Dan

Paddyo

• Tejano
  • Bedford, TX
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »

:)  :) Had a great time on the poker run, not a lot of Xs but a good bunch of people all the same  ;)

Thought we had the best poker hand with 4 kings but someone turns in 4 Aces with a king kicker so had to
         settle for second.
04 VTX 1300C Black

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:18:27 AM »

:)  :) Had a great time on the poker run, not a lot of Xs but a good bunch of people all the same  ;)

Thought we had the best poker hand with 4 kings but someone turns in 4 Aces with a king kicker so had to
         settle for second.

Congrats on the win DAWN..!!! LOL..!!!

Cris and I enjoyed the run as well, the group was fun.  GPS is a wonderful thing isn't it??  No U-turns this year..!!! Lololol....

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal