Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The Moving Wall" in North Texas NOV 8 - NOV 12  (Read 909 times)

minicop

• Old Timer
"The Moving Wall" in North Texas NOV 8 - NOV 12
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:31:53 PM »

From My understanding "the Moving Wall will be in Commerce Texas this weekend.    Commerce is north of Greenville and West of Sulphur Springs .........For those who do not know this is a Replica of the Vietnam Memorial that goes from Town to Town........You can see the schedule under Schedule A at the following link http://www.themovingwall.org/skeds/06/schedule06.htm .   If it doesnt work just copy and paste it.  For those who dont know also . In Greenville there is an awesome Memorial and Museum to Audie Murphy in Greenville right off the Highway on the North west bound Service rd. of I-30. 

Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier in WW II.  He was from the greenville area.   He was also an actor.  He recieved Medals of Honor from 3 other countries including from the US.   

This is a really cool thing.  I think it is especially Nice to have the wall so close to us in East Texas especially on Veterans Day.

So if anyone wants to be in......post it may be a good meet and greet.  If work permits I will be there.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:35:39 PM by minicop »

TomVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Blanco, Texas
Re: "The Moving Wall" in North Texas NOV 8 - NOV 12
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:10:13 AM »

It's in Johnson City on Friday the 10th.  We are sending students from here at the high school to go and see it. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal