Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: had a flat last thursday  (Read 949 times)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
had a flat last thursday
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:35:04 PM »

I had a flat last Thursday while riding to have lunch with some friends. I’m glad it happened in the access road of IH35 going 45mph instead of 75mph on IH35. It took me the rest of the day to get it fixed *&^%$%#*^$%.........I’m glad I have HRCA. Well worth the $40.00 a year. They got there about an hour after I called, took me and my X to the stealer and got her a new rear tire. It’s always the rear tire.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Dallas Retro

Re: had a flat last thursday
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

Seems like everytime I have a flat it's on the back, too, and it cost about $70.00 each time.   :o 

I've watched them a few times and it took three of them to get the tire out from under the Retro's fender.

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »

:o :o :o :o $70.00 :o :o :o :o........That is a deal, I had to fork out $200. I even called the stealers competition and they where more expensive.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Dallas Retro

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »

I took my old 1300S in on a trailer, and rolled it right up to the lift.  Two of them lifted the back-end up, and the third pulled out the tire/wheel (removed one of the mufflers, too).  They installed a new tube, then put it back together.  I don't think they made much money, but it did happen twice in three weeks (construction down the alley).

I've only had one flat on the 1800R, (on the back, of course), and it was in the sidewall; New tire that time... over $200 (but I moved upto a 200mm tire, which was actually less $ than the 180).

DAR-Silver Surfer

• Old Timer
  • 1300R - Spring, Tx.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »

My rear tire lasted me 8000 miles when it picked up a 4" nail that went up the sidewall.  Totaly unfixable. I put a new tire on and it cost me $200.  I hate it when that happens.
Now known as - The Silver Surfer

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal