Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chromer Houston Area  (Read 2874 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Chromer Houston Area
« on: May 22, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »

I remember someeone metioning a chromer in the Houston Area. I think it was Conroe. Has anyone had any work done by them and of course what is their name.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Chromer Houston Area
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:28:14 PM »

well. bright metal and airline plating are a couple. I think Vernell got some stuff done at one of those.

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:58:23 PM »

hipshot
Tejano

New Caney, TX

Chromer
« on: May 05, 2006, 05:16:56 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a guy who rides a really nice custom Busa with a lot of chrome. We were chatting the other night and he recommended a local chromer:

Chrome City
15108 Lee Road #302
Humble, 77396
281/548-2489
www.chromecity.net
chromecitychrome@aol.com

I have no personal experience with these guys, but if Mike's bike is any indicator they do quality work. I've heard guys asking about local chromers from time to time, so I thought I'd post this for a reference.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02 1800C

*Closet Darksider*

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »

I've had work done at both airline and bright metals.  From what I've seen and heard lately, airline is starting to loose a little pride in their work because they are putting some crappy looking stuff out.

Bright metals does a pretty good job, but they can tend to take a longer amount of time to get the work done.

Someone was talking about a chromer in Corpus Christi (I think) that was doing a decent job at a very reasonable cost.  This was discussed at the M&G last Wed. but I don't recall who mentioned it.

Lastly I've seen some work by a shop in Cali. and the 3 bikes that I've seen have looked awesome.  This person uses a 21 step chroming process (Hunter will know who he is) and his chrome work really stands out.  The downside to this person is that with the 21 step process it takes awhile to get your stuff. 

Since this thread was started by Big-Pro, I figure you will have the available time since you only ride 20 miles a month you might consider this option........ ;D
'02 C with a few extras

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:11:10 PM »

Since this thread was started by Big-Pro, I figure you will have the available time since you only ride 20 miles a month you might consider this option........ ;D

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 06:35:59 PM »

I've had work done at both airline and bright metals.  From what I've seen and heard lately, airline is starting to loose a little pride in their work because they are putting some crappy looking stuff out.

Bright metals does a pretty good job, but they can tend to take a longer amount of time to get the work done.

Someone was talking about a chromer in Corpus Christi (I think) that was doing a decent job at a very reasonable cost.  This was discussed at the M&G last Wed. but I don't recall who mentioned it.

Lastly I've seen some work by a shop in Cali. and the 3 bikes that I've seen have looked awesome.  This person uses a 21 step chroming process (Hunter will know who he is) and his chrome work really stands out.  The downside to this person is that with the 21 step process it takes awhile to get your stuff. 

Hmmmm... I recall talking with you on Saturday and you said you would join us after work. I called several times, no answer. You NO SHOW BIOTCH

Rode over 150 miles on Saturday  8)
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »

WOW 150 miles.  that is awesome..........hehehehehehe

'02 C with a few extras

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »

WOW 150 miles.  that is awesome..........hehehehehehe

4 me lately yes  8)
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

Claw

• Old Timer
  • Baytown
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

That would have been me. Chrome Pros in Corpus. Their address & # is in Yahoo Yellow Pages.
03 1800C
05 GL1800

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

Hey Jason, can your feet touch the ground sitting on that 1300... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bigbear

07 Big Bear Chopper

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal