Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warning.......................  (Read 2140 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Warning.......................
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »

Budget Host will not honor their prices..

Jim called back in March and was quoted a price plus taxes. I called Thursday and asked it our rooms were still reserved. I was told by Judy Patel that they were. I asked her if I needed to give her my Comfirmation number and she tells me No that they have me in the book. Great....so I thought.

We were billed for our rooms and nothing else was said....Wrong. I should have looked at the prices that were quoted to Jim but my Lazyness always gets me in trouble.. Mr. Patel quoted Jim $60.00 for Thurs and $65.00 Fri and Sat = $214.70 tax included. Well needless to say he did charge us $60.00 for Thurs but $70.00 for Fri/Sat = $237.30. I justed called him to tell him I had a confirmation# with the lower prices he tells me I am wrong.........Well a hard lesson learned. I told him he will be losing allots of business and I was sorry he was so dishonest. I will be writting a complaint letter to the Budget Host Corp in Arlington. Here is their address if ya'll want to write.

Budget Host Deluxe Inn
PO Box 14341
Arlington, TX 76094

Everyone that has a reservation with Budget Host needs to double check the prices. 

If I was ya'll I would check with Miller Inn across the street.

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Warning.......................
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »

Same with me Marigold. When I found out it had been sold, I called to confirm the reservation. I was assured it was still good. Didn't think to ask if the price was still the same as quoted when I made the reservation, just assumed it would be the same! Yup! $70.00 a day they charged me. POS's! I wouldn't stay there again if they refunded what they charged last week.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »

Maybe that's why they had some rooms available all of a sudden. Sorry that happened to you both.  >:(
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »

Same S&^%*%^*T happened to me!!! I won't be staying there anymore either!!!
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 05:45:08 PM »

We need to maybe get a sticky post put in, say, the rides section, where we can post rider-unfriendly type locations, buisness, restaraunts and such in a given area with links put there to posts like this one. Example: Texas x Riders>General Category>Ride Board>Rider Beware sticky post>Hill country area beware....with a link to this post. That way, when going to, say the DFW area, you could look in the ride board for a DFW posting on where to stay away from. We could also make up one: Texas x Riders>General Category>Ride Board>Rider Recommended sticky post>Hill country for all the recommended places to go to or see in the area posted. Any moderators with input or help in this matter???
     420! Yeah, baby!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 08:51:06 PM »

i would like to second snakes post. excellent idea. this could save alot of hassle in the future.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 10:10:53 PM »

Great idea! I don't know if the forum/site is capable of handling it, but, maybe a spot where businesses are listed by city, and you click on the city then catagories appear, click on that then the business names come up. Then click on the business and read the reviews, good or bad. In fairness to companies, they're only as good as their people. Some times you get a rotten apple. This way members can voice their opinions, and other members can make decisions for themselves.

I proud of you guys.....this is what an organization is all about. :)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

Great idea guys. Concerning the hotel, I would recommed to also write to the BBB.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Xlr8

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »

UPDATE:  We stayed at the budget host last weekend and got the same prices we were quoted in Dec. odd same dates, same rates.  They had a big sign that said welcome TexasXriders. They gave us free coffee and donuts and the works.  However I don't think they were impressed with the East Texas alarm clock Sunday morning.  I know the grouchy woman in Rm. 3 wasn't.  Thanks Micro Cop. or Mutt and Jeff and their quiet sidekick Hangman. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Well it's time to either get busy livin, or get busy dyin....Andy Dufresne- Shawshank Redemption

Don't be afraid of failing at something that matters, be afraid of succeeding at something that doesn't matter.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 05:51:01 AM »

After the Bitchin and Complaints.......they may have gotten wise.

I came out and told him if he didn't change his ways that he was going to lose allots of business.

I am glad to hear someone got a good deal. But I will not stay there next year. I will pay extra somewhere else.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 06:47:10 AM »

I'll not go back either Marigold.
     420! Yeah, baby!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal