Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ROT Rally 2009  (Read 2516 times)

kajunkruzer

• Tejano
  • Breaux Bridge, la
ROT Rally 2009
« on: February 01, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »

I'm sure there is a good reason, but why is there no reference to the ROT Rally in the Rally section of this board? I've been to the rally before, but not since I got my bike. Anyone planning on going? Just looking for tips on rides and such. I have some ideas on a couple of rides, but looking for any other suggestions. We're not planning on spending a whole lot of time at the Expo center, if any. We plan on riding a lot and taking in the sites away from the rally.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:24:14 PM by kajunkruzer »
Hers:'03 VTX 1800 Trike
Mine:'09 Streetglide

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
Re: ROT Rally 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »

We went last year, i would suggest doing a ride out around Travis lake. Other than that i didn't care that much for it.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

Have you checked out Thunder in the Hill country on this page ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:40:17 AM »

It's usually here but might be a bit early as its not untill June.I have been the last 4 years and have had a great time but spend most of the time riding the hill country roads.This year not sure if I will be going or not may not be in Texas so to soon to plan and semi retired so can make time  :flag:
Alvin,Texas

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:17:10 AM »

Went last year, will be going this year, but I probably wont's spend that much time at the expo either. going to try to soak in the sights as well around the city.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

kajunkruzer

• Tejano
  • Breaux Bridge, la
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:13:06 AM »

Yeah, IMO once you've been to one rally, you pretty mych seen it all, in regards to vendors and all that. Plus I am having a hard time digesting the high entrance fee for both me and the wife since we are planning on only walking through the rally grounds one day. I lived in Round Rock for a couple of years 03-05, so we just want to ride around and visit my favorite sights, and maybe take in some new ones.
Hers:'03 VTX 1800 Trike
Mine:'09 Streetglide

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal