Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you look forward to?  (Read 732 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
What do you look forward to?
« on: September 08, 2016, 08:51:52 AM »

I love the atmosphere, bikes, vendors and BEER.  I get giddy with anticipation waiting for the morning that I load up and head out.  I make my ride up as interesting as possible and usually start with a good breakfast.  Once we get there and check into the hotel, take all the racks and bags that I don't need off the bike and head into the thick of things.  Walk around, smell the food, grab a beer, buy a shirt.  After that I look for the poker run signup sheet....wherever that may be, then figure out what bands are going to be where and when....then go shopping. 

It's 4 days of being by the beach, meeting up with friends and having a great time with my brother.  I think the thing I look forward to the most is that I have 3 days where I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do.  Just get on the bike and ride somewhere, or not.  Go to see a band, or don't.  For this 4 days there is no set plan, just lots of fellow bikers having a good time. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: What do you look forward to?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »

I'm the same... I like the atmosphere.  Unfortunately I'll only be able to attend on Sunday when everything is shutting down.   :-[  Not the first time I've had to do it like that but oh well
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:28:13 AM »

I'm the same... I like the atmosphere.  Unfortunately I'll only be able to attend on Sunday when everything is shutting down.   :-[  Not the first time I've had to do it like that but oh well

Let me know when you get there.  I want to follow you to the free Vodka.  Oh wait...not on Sunday.  Nevermind.  I'll be good on Sunday.  Plenty of time for that Thurs, Fri and Sat. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:16:18 AM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »

I remember that.........we got to find those chopper guys and hang around a like a bunch of creepers until they give us some vodka so we can leave. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »

Unfortunately I'll only be able to attend on Sunday

Guess you won't be at "The Spot". 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

I love the atmosphere, bikes, vendors and BEER.  I get giddy with anticipation waiting for the morning that I load up and head out.  I make my ride up as interesting as possible and usually start with a good breakfast.  Once we get there and check into the hotel, take all the racks and bags that I don't need off the bike and head into the thick of things.  Walk around, smell the food, grab a beer, buy a shirt.  After that I look for the poker run signup sheet....wherever that may be, then figure out what bands are going to be where and when....then go shopping. 

It's 4 days of being by the beach, meeting up with friends and having a great time with my brother.  I think the thing I look forward to the most is that I have 3 days where I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do.  Just get on the bike and ride somewhere, or not.  Go to see a band, or don't.  For this 4 days there is no set plan, just lots of fellow bikers having a good time. 

Good for you, I like to walk around and look at the bikes. I like to go to the Manufacturers aand see their new offerings , check out the vendors and people watch.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »

Good for you, I like to walk around and look at the bikes. I like to go to the Manufacturers aand see their new offerings , check out the vendors and people watch.

My brother and I checked out the Harley booth, nothing much else.  Funny that we were there 3 1/2 days and didn't have time to do everything.  The VIP passes I bought come with a pass to Pleasure Pier so we are definitley going to be checking that place out as well.  Should be interesting. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal