Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VIP Passes for LSR 2016  (Read 1759 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
VIP Passes for LSR 2016
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »

Anyone every buy these before?  $99 bucks gets you $62 worth of merch and passes for two balcony bars and the Budweiser VIP area.  I am thinking this is a no brainer but wondering if anyone has done this before and had it not live up to expectations. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: VIP Passes for LSR 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 06:55:24 AM »

So....no?  Ok. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »

I never have but that sounds like a decent enough deal. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »

I went ahead and got a couple.  For $99 each it's a no brainer, I didn't want to wait until they sold out.  I get 3 drink tickets, a t-shirt and a pass to Pleasure Pier...that should do it. 

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »

I have a friend who is going and she said they get VIP passes every year and it's totally worth it.  Not that I could change my mind now but it's nice to have that peace of mind. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »

Well, you'll be the first person I know to get them so take a bunch of pictures and report back and I may join you next year in getting those VIP passes. 

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »

I have a friend who is going and she said they get VIP passes every year and it's totally worth it.  Not that I could change my mind now but it's nice to have that peace of mind. 

Not old enough for peace of mind  :rofl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »

And too old for a piece of anything else. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »

And too old for a piece of anything else. 

You soo silly  :looney:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:55:57 AM »

For those interested...this is definitely worth it.  Most important, you have a nice bathroom you can hit while on the strand and if you are female or with a female, that is a big deal.  Other perks, they fed us dinner every night, they had a beanbag toss (bag-o or corn hole) and if you sunk a bag you got a free beer coupon and apparently there wasn't a limit or how many times you could do that because I did it a bunch and didn't pay for any drinks when I was up there.  They also have prizes so I got a few things to take home and a new can of spray-on sunscreen. Of course, access to the Garden Room Balcony overlooking the Strand and the Devils Cut balcony overlooking the strand and also overlooking the stage where most of the bands play.  We got passes to the pleasure pier but never ended up using them because we were too busy doing other stuff.  Overall, this package is worth the money, I got at least my money back on merchandise and beer alone. 

Other things of note, there is a Lonestar Rally app that you can look up everthing on which is pretty nice.  I used it all weekend to make sure I didn't miss anything. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 08:45:29 AM »

I was telling Ruthy about it and we are gong to purchase the VIP passes next year.  I already got my spot reserved and am ready.  I did make it Sunday and had a decent time with what time was left of the rally.  Got rained on super hard on the way back but made it without incident. 

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »

I was telling Ruthy about it and we are gong to purchase the VIP passes next year.  I already got my spot reserved and am ready.  I did make it Sunday and had a decent time with what time was left of the rally.  Got rained on super hard on the way back but made it without incident. 

That was another reason we left early Sunday, rain was coming.  Luckily I made it home without any rain and the temps were perfect, made for a short ride.  Up 146 to 1960, cut through to 1485 then 242 to Gosling, it was a great day for a ride. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal