Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goodbye to my X  (Read 3263 times)

youngblood

• Tejano
Goodbye to my X
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:24 PM »

I wanna cry. I traded my X for a Goldwing this past Saturday (Thanks Cowboy Honda). I will miss the torque and raw power that she had. I will miss the low to the ground feeling that she gave. I will miss the beauty that she had. I will miss the strength that came with twisting the throttle. The X is one of the finest if not the finest motorcycle that I have ever owned.

Thanks for the use of the boards and hope to catch up with you guys on the road one day.

Doug
2006 1800 F2 for now

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Goodbye to my X
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »

You don't need to LEAVE ::) :(!!! You will like the wing, I still have both O0 O0.... just luckey....  ;D :D ;)   If you don't come back it's your choice!!!! :'( :'( :'( ??? ???
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

Me too! ;D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »

No, I aint leaving I just missing my X already. With all the aftermarket parts that I have left over I might be able to get a cb or something for my wing. Heck even some highway peg would be nice. ;D O0
2006 1800 F2 for now

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

No, I aint leaving I just missing my X already. With all the aftermarket parts that I have left over I might be able to get a cb or something for my wing. Heck even some highway peg would be nice. ;D O0

I just remembered.......give me a few minute, and look in the BBT forum.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »

RD must stand for Real Deal because you always have the correct answer to everyones questions. Especially newbes like me. Man you have a wealth of knowledge. I hope that I get to meet you one day. Thanks for the tip. I will be looking for the booth of we make it to BBT.

Thanks again for your help.

Doug
2006 1800 F2 for now

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »

Wing, huh? You know you're gonna have to change your name to OLDblood, or GERITOLblood, or WHYDOESN'TTHEbloodFLOW TO MYWINKIEANYMORE....   ;D ;D

Congrats!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

Wing, huh? You know you're gonna have to change your name to OLDblood, or GERITOLblood, or WHYDOESN'TTHEbloodFLOW TO MYWINKIEANYMORE....   ;D ;D

Congrats!  O0

LAMO!!!!!!!!!!
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »

I bought my wing in October of '06 and sold my VTX 1800R a few months later.  I really miss my X but I do enjoy my wing. 
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »

I am going out to ride my wing in the rain to see if I to can fall in love with it. O0

Wing, huh? You know you're gonna have to change your name to OLDblood, or GERITOLblood, or WHYDOESN'TTHEbloodFLOW TO MYWINKIEANYMORE....  Funny....... O0 O0

Since I am a Indian I guess OLDBlood would be ok. Better then runningwithdogsass or how about lookslikemuleface I guess. hayeah,hayeah,hayeah,hayeah I am doing the rain dance above your house right now.... ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ::) ??? ??? :-* :-* :-X
2006 1800 F2 for now

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »

I am going out to ride my wing in the rain to see if I to can fall in love with it. O0

Wing, huh? You know you're gonna have to change your name to OLDblood, or GERITOLblood, or WHYDOESN'TTHEbloodFLOW TO MYWINKIEANYMORE....  Funny....... O0 O0

Since I am a Indian I guess OLDBlood would be ok. Better then runningwithdogsass or how about lookslikemuleface I guess. hayeah,hayeah,hayeah,hayeah I am doing the rain dance above your house right now.... ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ::) ??? ??? :-* :-* :-X

runningwithdogsass ??

Jeff........by damn it, I think you've got a new name. What say ye all?  :D :D
04' Honda VTX 1800C

youngblood

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »

UPDATE: RUNNINGWITHDOGSASS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING..... ;D ;D ::)
2006 1800 F2 for now

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 05:19:55 AM »

It worked, it worked! Can you shut it off now? You threw in the hail and high wind dance for good measure, didn't ya?  ;) ;D O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »

It worked, it worked! Can you shut it off now? You threw in the hail and high wind dance for good measure, didn't ya?  ;) ;D O0

Good morning Runningwithdogsass.  ;)
04' Honda VTX 1800C

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:22 AM »

runningwithdogsass ??

Jeff........by damn it, I think you've got a new name. What say ye all?  :D :D

It could have been worse.  "Dances with Gerbils" would be the American Indian equivalent of "Boy named Sue."
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal