Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WILL YA'LL ACCEPT ME AROUND??????  (Read 3261 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: WILL YA'LL ACCEPT ME AROUND??????
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:20 AM »

This is Barn's thread about the scooter that is a step through crotch rocket!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) O0 O0     Now the question is has he committed and bought the fastest COLOR?????? O0 O0 8) 8)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

youngguy

• Tejano
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »

As usual I bought the TOP OF THE LINE -  AN650A EXECUTIVE, comes with all the bells and whistles including ABS, regular auto transmission or push a button for POWER AUTO, or select manual and select the gears with a button on the left handle bar. Gears are shown on the LCD insturment panel. I bought from Killeen power sports where I bought my 1800 wing and the VTX. I have made that run through Belton loop, up 317 to Valley Mills and 56 to lake Whitney many times on several different bikes BUT never as fast as I covered it yesterday evening. Even in the going home traffic nothing passed me on 190 to Belton loop. I just used the regular auto as I haven't experimented with the other selections yet. I went through the curves on 56 far faster than I ever dared on the VTX or the wing and I have drug pegs through those curves on about every thing I have ridden. I am anxious to take it to the sisters. Oh yes another surprise, There is little to practicle no engine vibs and it rode smoother on those roads than my VTX or (surprise) the Wing. It has too many things ( like push button electric wind shield raise and lower anytime, push button rearview mirrows fold and extend, MPG on TRIP A and Trip B) to cover here. OH YES---THE COLOR--- THE EXEC ONLY COMES IN ONE COLOR----RED. There must not be many of these sent in as I called a lot of dealers and no one had one or could promise to get me one. I got to Killeen and they had just this one EX (alot of the regulars) and they had just taken it out of the crate and was putting it together for me. TOOK AWHILE. At any rate it looks like I have a keeper.   My wife says she is happy that I am happy because she figures my next purchase will be a HOVERROUND ----only if it is a 3L supercharged Nitro Burnner.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 11:42:41 AM »

Congrats Barn,, sounds great!!!! Did Jim make you a special deal?? O0 O0 O0 It looks like 8  (eight) more from Texas have registered for the Radical!!!! We might have a good showing.... O0 8) KEEP THE RUBBER DOWN please.... ;D ;D ;D ;D     RED IS GOOD!!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:44:32 AM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

youngguy

• Tejano
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

Better than I expected because none of the other dealers would come off the MSRP if they could find one and this was the only Ex he had and they couldn't have had it very long as it was still in the crate. He tried hard to sell me one of the non top of the line of which he had several on the floor with good price lowering but I like bells and whistles. I'll have to do some thinking and riding (experimenting) before riding/hauling to Coloradical. It is a differen't BEAST (keep slamming my right foot down on the nonexisting rear brake pedal and found after I would be accelerating from a sign/light my left toe would get to jumping when I figured it was shift time) but I think I can adapt fast. I have no doubt it would do well up there in Colorado.    Barn

youngguy

• Tejano
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

Hookem, Did you have the back rest shifted back all the way? Mine has a lever under the seat you can reach after opening the trunk/raise the seat , that allows you to adjust the back rest. I had to stop in McGregor and shift it back a little. If it doesn't have enough adjustment for you I think it could probably be modified.

youngguy

• Tejano
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »

I'm through --Feel free to take the thread anywhere you want. I too am interested in knowing if RD has a wing or is going to get one. It's hard to run with them and not want one. I've been there and done that.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 10:43:18 PM »

Hookem, Did you have the back rest shifted back all the way? Mine has a lever under the seat you can reach after opening the trunk/raise the seat , that allows you to adjust the back rest. I had to stop in McGregor and shift it back a little. If it doesn't have enough adjustment for you I think it could probably be modified.

I have played with the seat on the "HALFABUSA" as I like to call it.  My neighbor has a 'Busa, and he hates red lights when riding with me! ;D ;D ;D
I have the seat all the way back, as well, and it is only on the longer rides that I want to stretch out a bit more.  There are a few mods to the seat, google burgman owners, and you'll come up with a few boards like the X-riders.  i just put new shoes on mine today.  Went wih the Pirelli Diablos, and I can tell the "sticky" is much more, um, well, sticky.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

Scooters are cool, I have rode many, just not very far. Mostly small, but fun. A 650 is a whole different thing.   
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal