Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WILL YA'LL ACCEPT ME AROUND??????  (Read 3262 times)

youngguy

• Tejano
WILL YA'LL ACCEPT ME AROUND??????
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:23:01 AM »

Since I sold my 1300 S a few months ago I have been with out two wheels and been putting a lot of study into many types of bikes. I have been through a large number of bikes in the last several years trying to find the correct one up to and including a Gl1800 Wing. I would have a lot more choices if my rear end was just built a little farther from the ground. I don't expect much ----Maybe a full decked out 1800 wing with lowered seat that I can ride in compfort over to northern Baja and not only enter the 1000 but WIN it with the same bike and then too maybe the Widow Maker hill climb. I am going over to look at something I have thought about since a fellow Gl1800 rider went to one. This guy is longer of leg than I but after years of riding with the Wing bunch he (in his late 60s-70s) started rideing up after a hundred miles or so -STOP -and just let the bike fall over. He got one of those Silver Wing Super Scooter which is working out well for him. I haven't been on a scooter since I took my wife (then girlfriend) out on a date north of Houston on a 1947 Cushman, summer of 69. You may think I have lost my head but I am leaving in a bit to go have a serious look at a 650 suzuki burgman executive.  Some call it a mini goldwing and others call it a step through crotch rocket/sport bike. In Germany they cruise them at one hundred plus for two hours straight on the autobaun and it does a pretty impressive job in the quarter. It will lean into the twisties like a sport bike. Has a lot of goodies including ABS.  Well any way I'm thinking about it and it is under $10,000 ---by a very few odd dollars.-------OH "WHAT THE HELL ------IT'S ONLY MONEY AND MY YEARS TO SPEND IT ARN't GETTING ANY LONGER".    As I say it will be a different experience anyway.         I figured if Ya'll SHUN ME my old Wing Buddies will probably let me tag along if I don't beat them through the twisties TOO BAD  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

youngguy

• Tejano
Re: WILL YA'LL ACCEPT ME AROUND??????
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:43:29 AM »

WHHOOOPPPPPS,  My wife just corrected me on dates. That was a 1947 Cushman in the summer of 1949. " I guess it is SCOOTER TIME. At least it isn't a HOVER ROUND------YET.          BARN

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:48:16 AM »

Get whatever works best for you!  You're the ones that's gonna be paying and riding. If anyone shuns you then that's one less person on your christmas card list.  O0

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »

Get whatever works best for you!  You're the ones that's gonna be paying and riding. If anyone shuns you then that's one less person on your christmas card list.  O0

;D ;D Ditto!   O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:55:31 AM »

I bought a 2003 Burgman 650 about a month and a half ago for my wife.  I have to admit, I find myself wanting to take it out for a spin.  They are quite impressive.  Very quick, more sure-footed than you'd expect.  On a longer ride, I find myself wishing two things were different... that the handlebars were a bit wider, and that I had more legroom.  Both of these can be overcome by masically shifting in the saddle.  It has a TOTALLY different feel from the X (not in a bad way), and takes some getting used to.  If you go this way, I do not think you will regret it.  One upside...the mods are fairly limited, from what I have been able to find, so you save even more $$$$$!
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »

Barn ,I think the same way as others have posted O0!!! It was NOT that long ago that a 650cc was a BIG bike :P :P!!!! If you like it do it ;D ;D!!!  I think there were one or two at the Coloradical last year... ??? ???  Ride Safe Ride Long!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:42 AM »

Do Goldwing riders even talk to EACH OTHER???  LMAO
My now long gone VTX...

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »

YES, THAT IS WHY MOST OF US HAVE A C.B. RADIO!!!!!! O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »

YES, THAT IS WHY MOST OF US HAVE A C.B. RADIO!!!!!! O0 O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kenny, we'll be on channel 1. ;) ;D ;D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »

we'll be on channel one?? ??? come on RD did ya finally make the plunge?? O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:42:28 PM »

we'll be on channel one?? ??? come on RD did ya finally make the plunge?? O0
  I e-mailed RD the site..... The '08 GL1800's have been released >:( >:( >:(!!!!! I don't know WHAT his hold up is now :'( :'( :'(Smell the BUMPER    ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)!!!  Did he say we'll be on ch 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:44:22 PM by VTreX »

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »

;D ;D Sounds like he committed!!  I hope he got the right color, I know he had a better deal than I got!!  I know he will be installing the coffee pot adapter! 8)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 07:30:39 AM »

But, what kind of polish works best on the optional Hooka with the 6 hoses. :D and how does that rodent radar work.  ??? The one with the sidewinder. I don't want to think about what would happen if Big Pro came close. Kenny if this is true, see to it, he knows what all those buttons and switches do,  ;D, and try not to confuse the ejection switch with the ejactulation switch.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »

But, what kind of polish works best on the optional Hooka with the 6 hoses. :D and how does that rodent radar work.  ??? The one with the sidewinder. I don't want to think about what would happen if Big Pro came close. Kenny if this is true, see to it, he knows what all those buttons and switches do,  ;D, and try not to confuse the ejection switch with the ejactulation switch.

Now that's funny.  O0 O0 O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

Now that's funny.  O0 O0 O0 O0

LMAO !!

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal