Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screwed by BUDDIES  (Read 2609 times)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
Screwed by BUDDIES
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

This is for all my buddies who really pulled one over on me.  For the past several months I have been doing all my research on exhaust systems trying to decide what I wanted to put on my 1300C.  I’ve had my buddies run up their bikes side by side comparing one brand to another, ridden with them, and doing a lot of comparisons.  Finally decided on the BUBS.  Well, all that’s left is to save up the bucks.
So for the past several M/G’s and rides all my buddies keep asking when are you getting the BUBS?  What’s the deal, what are you waiting on?  Well, thanks to my wife, who keeps telling everyone that the budget says no to any BUBS,  naturally the door has been opened up for a lot of yankin’ on my chain and a lot of good fun.  Four times now the BUB fund has been used for something else. This too has been a great source of jokes.   
Yesterday a few of us from our regular group meet up to go for a short ride to check out an area for an event we are planning.  As luck would have it I was the last one to arrive at the meet up spot.  All my buds were standing in a group shooting the breeze as I pulled up.  As I walked up no one really said anything.  I said, hey guys what’s happening?  They all turned as though they hadn’t see me and said  “Oh, hey man, we didn’t hear you pull up.”  Of course we all started rolling with laughter.  I tried to come back with something but didn’t have a chance.  All I could do was point my finger at them and laugh.   It went on pretty much all day in one way or the other which made for a great day.
Well, today I find out that all the chain yankin’ that has been going on for weeks has all been fueled by my wife.  She has been egging them on.  That’s because unknown to me she had ordered the BUBS for my birthday and they all knew it. Their wives knew it, their kids, everyone at work, and I guess half  the town.  Now my birthday was two weeks ago and  due to hurricanes and  what ever else it’s taken several weeks for delivery.  This was great for all my buds because they had weeks to mess with me because I had no idea what my wife had done. 
I didn’t have a clue until this morning when I went outside and saw a box on the front porch apparently dropped off by UPS.  I said  “Whats that box?”  It was then I saw BUBS in big letters on the box.  My wife was setting there looking at me with this, I got you so good look on her face.  I was totally taken by surprise.
So to all my buddies all I can say is, just wait.  You all know what pay back is.  The best thing about it all is knowing that only good friends would do such a low down dirty deed.
And as far as my wife goes.  Well,  I’ve always known she is one of a kind.  I can only hope that I’m half as important to her as she is to me.  I’m one lucky dude.       
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Screwed by BUDDIES
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »

And as far as my wife goes.  Well,  I’ve always known she is one of a kind.  I can only hope that I’m half as important to her as she is to me.  I’m one lucky dude.       
I will second that statement...congrats on having a wife who loves you AND your bike, lol.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:02 PM »

Cant wait to hear them once you install them..... Happy birthday bud.....!!!! O0

8)
Joe Cool...8)

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »

Don't let her get away! Wives like that are hard to find.

black X

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »

Thats great stuff!! What are friends for , happy B-Day! No more sneeekin around for you.
                                                                                                                                Alex:)

Vato55

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »

Glad to see you finally got them.  Happy B-Day and next time you pull up we will definately hear ya.  Let me know if you need any help with the install.
Take Care and Ride Safe.

Mo

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »

can't wait to hear them on there you better get them on before Wed

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on the BUBS!!!
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

061300c

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »

man thats hilarious i have only meet yall twice and even i knew about that one ;D any ways happy birthday and cant wait to see/hear them.

redfrog

• Rider
  • 2004 VTX 1800 Neo
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:06:24 AM »

Happy Bday and congrats on the Bubs...People shoould be able to hear you coming now...lol

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 06:34:22 AM »

I understand that. My wife is just as good. She loves motorcycles and sailboats. She helps work on both of them, too. She loves me too, although I keep trying to get her professional help for that.  ;D
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal