Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: M&G 7/2 at Rudy's  (Read 4367 times)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
Re: M&G 7/2 at Rudy's
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 04:48:03 AM »

Glad to see a few more new riders come out.  Just keep spreading the word.  We have a great group already but the more the merrier.  Wish we could have made it last night but Mary was in bed by 8 PM in order to get up at 03:45 for work.  Glad she doesn't have to do that very often.  
As Joe said I am working on a ride route out to Vanderpool to a motorcycle museum they have there.  Haven't been there and not sure what the museum is like but the ride itself should be very nice.  I've pretty much worked out the route just need to work out the timeing on stops, lunch, and return time.  Hopefully the x-ray on my foot on the 9th will be good and I can get back in the saddle and get this ride scheduled.  In the mean time if anyone has a ride in mind just toss it out there.  

The Motorcycle Museum is a great place to stop and see some great examples both recent and semi-ancient.  Also, the cafe inside serves a great burger; they close the cafe around 2PM or so.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

redfrog

• Rider
  • 2004 VTX 1800 Neo
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 06:20:11 AM »

Welcome Kevin and Robyn.  Is Robyn spelled right?
Robin..but who's counting...lol
I'm Redfrog cause I gots red hair and frog..well I'm not sure why that part(or it use to be red..lol) and Robin is Yankeebelle(cause she's from
Philly..Though she got here as fast as she could...lol) She would sign on but hasn't got a return email from the admin's(hint..hint) ::)...lol
So in closing you can call me anything but late for dinner.. O0
Kevin..aka Redfrog

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »

Thanks Snake Doc for the info on the cafe at the  museum.  I was trying to figure out where to have lunch on the ride I'm working on out to the museum.  That just might workout.  Hope to do this ride soon.

We can discuss it next Wednesday night (7PM) at Rudy's.  I guess Rudy's will be OK with everyone until we come up with a different place.   If someone wants to meet some where different please post it as soon as possible.  EVERYONE BRING ANOTHER RIDER. 
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »

Here is a link to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool.  http://lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com/index.html

Note the admission to the museum is $5.00.  There is no admission to the cafe.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:42:06 PM by Snake Doc »
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal