Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Places for bike night...???  (Read 4879 times)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
Re: Places for bike night...???
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »

Been trying to find a few places for our Wednesday night meets but man there aren't really many places that fill the squares.  Drove out to Texas Pride today in my cage to check it out.  Everyone has their own opinions so for what it's worth here is what my wife and I thought.

Location:     Easy to find but some may think it's a little to far out for our meetings. 
Parking:       Plenty
Tables:        Inside and outside (covered)
Music:         Wednesdays would be Stereo
Service:       Long wait in line especially since there was hardly anyone there,  only young kids running the place- didn't see any adults,       
Food:          Worst of the worst BBQ we've ever had (the sauce made it even worse)
Price:          Way over priced
OVERALL:     NOT SO GOOD:  We were disappointed.  If you just want to get out of the house, get a cold drink, and listen to a little
                  music it's Okay.  But, if you want to eat anything and expect good service and no long lines it leaves a lot to be desired.
                  I' m sure the Thursday night Bike Nite is a lot of fun and we would like to check it out.  We just won't be eating anything
                  and paying their high prices.

I thought it might just be us so I did some research on the net and saw that our thoughts were the norm.  Will keep looking at different places.

Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

I agree with the above. I have been there twice and was not that impressed with the place. A few places I know of in the SA area. Have not tried the Clear Springs Cafe in SA on the loop,but if it is anything like the one in New Braunfels you are in for good catfish and homemade Onion rings. For Dan they also have other good food in the menu. The Patio is on the southwest side of town near the corner of Old pearsall road and 1604,been there a couple of times,a small family owned and operated place. La Hacienda is a great place to meet. The food is outstanding.  Thinking maybe sometime we could ride up to Sam Marcos to the new Bikini's Bar and Grill,they have bike night every Wednesday night.

http://www.clearspringscafe.com/
http://www.lhdlb.com/
http://cityguide.aol.com/sanantonio/restaurants/bar-b-q-patio/v-302350

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »

Some good suggestions Stormy.  I've been looking around quite a bit.  I looked around Helotes this weekend but nothing looked like it would work very well. Trying to find some place with an outside patio area.   I think everyone is pretty open to try different places.   Will keep looking around.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:22 PM »

I used to live in SA...

You guys ever been to the Alamo Cafe on 281? Pretty cool place....
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Vato55

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

Hello everyone,

I went to Spechts Store Resteraunt and Saloon (http://www.spechts.com/) this past wednesday.  It was a really nice atmosphere.  They had live music and the burger i had was pretty good.  I didnt see many cruisers there though (only 1 VTX 1800).  Lots of street bikes though.  Makes for a real nice ride.  Would be nice to do a M&G there sometime.  Let me know if anyone would like to check it out sometime.

Mo
Take Care and Ride Safe.

Mo

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »

Hello everyone,

I went to Spechts Store Resteraunt and Saloon (http://www.spechts.com/) this past wednesday.  It was a really nice atmosphere.  They had live music and the burger i had was pretty good.  I didnt see many cruisers there though (only 1 VTX 1800).  Lots of street bikes though.  Makes for a real nice ride.  Would be nice to do a M&G there sometime.  Let me know if anyone would like to check it out sometime.

Mo

Ditto that!  I love that place!!

Drew
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »

Maybe we should go there (Spechts) for next weeks 7-23 M/G.  See what everyone thinks.  Sounds good to me.  After that maybe try one of the other places that have been mentioned. Get a few places liked by everyone and get them listed on the calendar so everyone will know well ahead of time.

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »

Hello everyone we are back...Had a good vacation.. much needed R&R..

This place looks pretty cool to me, have heard some good things about it...

7/23 is a good date for Martha and I...

8) O0
Joe Cool...8)

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »

has anyone ever been to the bigs burgers on 1604 here is the review i found on it i pass it everyday http://sarestaurantreview.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/bigz-burger-joint/

ukjeeper21

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »

I've eaten at Big'z and the burger and fries I had was pretty good. I went on the weekend so there were alot of little kids there....don't think it would be an issue since the M/G are on Wednesdays.
2007 1300c

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »

i was hoping that i wasn't the only one that has seen that place
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal