Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13756 times)

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 04:53:57 PM »

Bike games would of been good sat night. As far as group rides go i would of passed on it, i had every intention of doing the sisters at my speed, :bikerider: i didn't even wait for my brother an his clan i just meet them at the end of each road. Gave me and the misses time for a smoke while we waited. :stickpoke: Sat was the only time we had to do them. That being said maybe group rides on fri would of worked. Anyway enough rambling on my part, as you were carry on. :pot:

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:09 PM »

Instead of BBQ, have Gumbo cook up some Cajun Roadkill !   All seriousness, Had a grat time despite the windy conditions, bike games mite have been interesting with 40mph gusts. As far a campfires, that whole area has been drought stricken for sometime and under Burn ban restrictions. Don't know if it would be practical but having it in Bandera might be interesting. Access ti the threes plus the ride to Utopia. And there is a RV park within walking distance of the Honky Tonks.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

I have always like the guided rides for which if i was to go myself I would end up in Mexico!! As far as the door prizes I can myself pick up things from this area thoughout the year and would add to the excitement!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

I got to thinking.........
Since I didn't go I guess I need to keep my mouth shut............. :bikerider:
[/quote

I totally disagree.  Another option is, if you did not come to bbt, was it due to past experiences at bbt.  Or, based on your past visit(s) to bbt, what suggestions would you make to improve the next one.  Remember, this group exists because of the people that make up the group.  The leadership of tx x riders is charged with growing the group.  Part of growth is retaining the members we have and providing opportunities for the group.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »

[/quote

I totally disagree.  Another option is, if you did not come to bbt, was it due to past experiences at bbt.  Or, based on your past visit(s) to bbt, what suggestions would you make to improve the next one.  Remember, this group exists because of the people that make up the group.  The leadership of tx x riders is charged with growing the group.  Part of growth is retaining the members we have and providing opportunities for the group.

did you just read that off "the teleprompter" ??
"what you need to do....."
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »

[/quote

100% agree with hookem...keep speaking your mind girl.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Demon

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

:popcorn:

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »

[/quote

did you just read that off "the teleprompter" ??
"what you need to do....."

Nope.  Straight from the by-laws of TXRA.

TEXAS X RIDERS ASSOCIATION BY LAWS
ARTICLE I
INTRODUCTION AND PURPOSE
The primary purpose of the Texas X Riders Association (TXRA) shall always be the promotion of opportunities to ride and for its members to build fellowship.
The function of this organization is to promote the VTX motorcycle in a positive light, to serve as a forum to share information between members, to work to obtain benefits for members, organize and promote rides, rallies, technical help sessions, bike nights, and to assist members in all aspects of the VTX motorcycle.
 :thumbup: :boxing:

Ronald Reagan

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:40 AM »

Just to help with reading this, when you guys/gals are quoting, make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the reply box.  Everyone is inserting their replies inside the previous quote. 

You do not want a [/quote] sitting below your reply. :c
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »

There were a couple of ticket drawings before the $.  Also, I just mentioned the door thingy as a possibility.  Who doesn't like to rec. free stuff, even if it is something you really do not want; you then can trade with someone else. 
If many of us were able to pick-up one item; there would be numerous freebies!

Some of you need to relax  :banghead: and not get your panites in a wad;  :pot: and quit taking this stuff so  :stickpoke: personal.   Crap!   :cuss:

IF I READ CORRECTLY;  ???  HE ASKED FOR SUGGESTIONS / IDEAS / THOUGHTS REGARDING THE 2009 BBT   :bikerider:   :couch:   :boxing:   :popcorn:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »

There were a couple of ticket drawings before the $.  Also, I just mentioned the door thingy as a possibility.  Who doesn't like to rec. free stuff, even if it is something you really do not want; you then can trade with someone else. 

Some of you need to relax  :banghead: and not get your panites in a wad;  :pot: and quit taking this stuff so  :stickpoke: personal.   Crap!   :cuss:

IF I READ CORRECTLY;  ???  HE ASKED FOR SUGGESTIONS / IDEAS / THOUGHTS REGARDING THE 2009 BBT   :bikerider:   :couch:   :boxing:   :popcorn:
I don't see where anyone's getting their panties in a wad.
There used to be so many door prizes that everyone went home with a couple items.
There also used to be planned rides with maps, and at least two groups (fast and slow) running each ride.
Displaced Texan.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:31:13 AM »

I don't see where anyone's getting their panties in a wad.
There used to be so many door prizes that everyone went home with a couple items.
There also used to be planned rides with maps, and at least two groups (fast and slow) running each ride.

OK, this year we had 2 door prizes.  Thanks to Pete for donating a 1300 A/F screw.  His donating that made me realize that we had no true door prizes which is why I donated some chrome work.  So, our only 2 give-aways were from our very own members.  Yes, times are a bit tougher than the past few years, but dealers are still selling bikes and vendors are still selling parts.  God knows, everywhere we went on rides, stores were sure still selling t-shirts.  $25 t-shirts that cost them maybe $10, at that.  Let's just be honest here.  We had no door prizes donated to us because we did not ask for any.  Are we supposed to believe that the very dealers who sold us all our X's, H/D's, Wing's, and the accessories that we have all added could not care less about keeping their names in front of us?  As another option, perhaps spending $500 for the pavilion is too much.  We could have our dinner at a local restaurant in the Kerrville area perhaps with each member responsible for their own meal.  Then, we could use the pavilion money to purchase door prizes or add to the 50/50.   O0

Also, as for planned rides, I volunteer to lead a planned ride each day next year, beginning on Thursday.  I will put these together and will let the group each day determine the pace of the ride depending on majority experience level.  These will be scenic rides with some history thrown in.  One of the days will be long, as we will ride all of the Sisters.

On Friday night, perhaps a group could get together for a good ol' cookout.  Of course, we would have to be somewhere that had grills near the campsite.  Everyone participating could kick-in some money toward groceries and assist in the preparation.  :lunch: :c

Get the idea now?  Ideas, suggestions, improvements.  Let 'em fly!   :bikerider:

Ronald Reagan

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »

Are we supposed to believe that the very dealers who sold us all our X's, H/D's, Wing's, and the accessories that we have all added could not care less about keeping their names in front of us?

Unfortunately, that is the case.  Dealers are not making the money that they were so they are holding back a lot.  None of us were able to get the giveaways that we've had in the past from dealers.

As for everyone else which includes our members, it is true that we did not ask and that was an oversight on our part.
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »

Come on...
This is not about who donated what, who did not ask for what, who used there own money, how many we did not have, or our Texas X Riders Assoc. By-Laws.

We were all asked a simple question:  "Give your thoughts  ???  or ideas about this year and any ideas for next year (2010)." 

Obviously, your panties did move up like "Injun Underwear...creepin-up'"  :t

I am having so much fun!!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

Come on...
This is not about who donated what, who did not ask for what, who used there own money, how many we did not have, or our Texas X Riders Assoc. By-Laws.

We were all asked a simple question:  "Give your thoughts  ???  or ideas about this year and any ideas for next year (2010)." 

Obviously, your panties did move up like "Injun Underwear...creepin-up'"  :t

I am having so much fun!!
Again, I don't see where anyone has their panties in a wad. I just see folks offering suggestions on what may work, and posible reasons why some things did not work.
Displaced Texan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal