Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13728 times)

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 06:15:42 AM »

It is correct about the vendors tightening up.  They all turned me down in the metroplex.  I had cruisercustomizing.com tell me they would donate stuff and then back out at the last minute.  We actually got into an arguement on the phone after I told them how much money I have spent on their website, not to mention everyone else on a VTX.

Props to Geri for always organizing a good BBT.

We had a great time and did more riding this year than we ever had before and it was because the maps were available.  The three sisters we did on our own and it was well worth it.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »

This was my first BBT and I had no idea what to expect (beyond drinking and carousing).  :angel:

It won't be my last BBT by the way. My only suggestion is to get someone with more "mojo" on the board to help with the weather.  :pot:

But we did get to  :bikerider: and that's all we needed.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 06:40:58 AM »

Sorry, couldn't help myself!  :t

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 08:14:55 AM »

Can we please FOCUS here folks?
 :boxing: :couch: :boxing:

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »

I just want to say that my wife and I had an awesome time.  This was my first BBT to attend and i wasn't expecting anything, but having a good time and that's what I did.  Look guys, every time someone has something to say and they try to compare to other things, well, IMHO, take it as it is.  We all know, that we are going to th is BBT to ride our beloved's on roads that we typcially don't get to ride on a regular basis, (most of us), and to meet up with other people and put faces with names.  What ever little effort that some may think was put together by the board, on my part is greatly appreciated and not forgotten.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm away from work, not thinking about the stresses of life, I'm for sure not going to stress on what could have been done or not done at a place like this.  a BIG BIG Thanks to all those that helped put this event together and CREWSN, thanks for leading us on some beuatiful roads.  In the words of the famous Jerry Reed and as it says to the left, "Just put that hammer down and give it hell."
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

matap

• Board
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 08:21:50 AM »

OH, and re-focusing on this post, I guess I would like to see the biker games.  that seems fun. :stickpoke:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »

In the words of the famous Jerry Reed and as it says to the left, "Just put that hammer down and give it hell."

I thought you were referring to J.R.R. Tolkien....  :laugh:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 08:58:11 AM »

In the words of the famous Jerry Reed and as it says to the left, "Just put that hammer down and give it hell."

I thought you were referring to J.R.R. Tolkien....  :laugh:

Oh yeah, "You shall not pass............. that hammer and give it hell" sorry about that.   :stickpoke:

Demon

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:40 AM »

I think some people are blowing this out of proportion... this events are supposed to be about hanging out with friends and riding the hill country...  I wanted to go but could not make it... Maybe next year...  Is hard to put events of this nature when you have all kind of people involved...  There will always be someone bitching about something... Hell Lone_wolfe Buck Rogers about the wind at night and no camp fire!!!!   :t   

My only advice is to keep it simple!!!!!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »

this thread confirms to me that i made the right choice.
wheres the love?

I didnt go, but i paid for the event just in case i could possible go at the last minute
I wasnt ask to donate no matter what anyone says. and now am told that i shouldnt have to be ask, i should just donate anyway? does that go for all the other 50 state VTX meets as well, Ill just start sending out stuff right away.
now im told that if i didnt attend, STFU about next year....

if you want some good ideas on how to throw a friendly, fun lovin, get together....attend the VA Bulldogs party.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Demon

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »

:popcorn: :pot:

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

Good lawd.
Chunk the llama.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

Well - I didn't go but I do appreciate the work that went into this thing.  I also appreciate those that did attend just to have a good time.  This soiree' would not happen if it wasn't for the workers or the attendees.  One can't live without the other making it a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one!!  Hopefully no one went just for the door prizes.  Door prizes are just lagniappe as we say in Louisiana!

Suggestions:

1.  Prez appoint Committee Chairs for
     A.  Ride selection and mapping, sight seeing, winery locations, other points of interests
     B.  Food/Entertainment - This includes the "MeetnGreet" stuff separate from the group BBQ.  (At least one board member on committee since $$ involved)
2.  No Guided rides - only Self-Guided - Each attendee or group do their own thing at their own pace (Eliminates liability to group leaders)

Many attendees don't know all there is to see and do in the Hill Country.  There are bat caves, twisties, museums, winerys, beer joints, orchards, wild flowers, lavender farms, music, shopping, rivers, fishing, swimming, canoeing, tubing.  As folks come each year, they can do something different each time or repeat something they loved on a previous BBT.  For instance, if you haven't seen 750,000 bats roar out of a cave at dawn or dusk, you have missed something.  If you haven't eaten fresh peach ice cream - well you missed something.  If you haven't quaffed a couple of truly ice cold beers at Arkie Blues, or seen the Devil's Sinkhole, or Stonehenge - you missed something.  Ride the humps and twisties outside of Luckenbach and you won't need to ride a rollercoaster for a while.

Those that know me know I am an anti-organizer.  I believe biking is about freedom FROM structure!  Hence my suggestions.

Take 'em or leave 'em!

Ride Long and Prosper!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

RedDragon

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Demon

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

:popcorn: :pot:
  :pot:

I like your happy faces better!!!!   (they need to make some WT happy faces)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal