Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 13671 times)

Demon

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »

:popcorn:

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »

Dang she's on Fire!     :violin:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

Just to help with reading this, when you guys/gals are quoting, make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the reply box.  Everyone is inserting their replies inside the previous quote. 

You do not want a
sitting below your reply. :c
[/quote] :agree:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:   :banghead:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »

OK, but I am not sure about the  :angel:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Demon

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

Pass that Popcorn.............. :bikerider:

you can have the whole bag sister!!!

:notworthy:

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:40 PM »

:threadjack:
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:15:59 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »

I suggest that next year everybody drink more liquor!  :c :c :c :c :c :c Instead of Bar B Q, we have an open bar! wohoo bring on the band!
It's all just part of the adventure!

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »

There are so many members that if everyone dropped a dollar in the hat there would be enough to buy some give aways.

I will volunteer to collect the money and buy things through out the year.  Just send a dollar in an envelope to my PO Box. Email me and I will reply with my address.

Do we have any copies of the Ride Maps RD made for the previous BBT's........ 

I've still got 'em Marigold. I'll find the old link and send it to you when I get home in the morning.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:54 PM »

just a long time member here that wants to set a couple of things straight. all of the previous years ride maps were available at the check-in desk. there was in fact 1 guided ride and a sign up sheet located on the sign in desk. I know this because I led the ride. The ride I led included some new roads and some from the previous years, this map was also available. I originally asked for only to guide 12 due to the nature of some of the roads but in the end took 16. as far as donations, i checked with both dealearships in my area that i recieved donations from last year and was given the same answer. too many people asking for too many handouts and of course "THE ECONOMY" blah, blah, blah!

I find it odd that some folks on here say that no one asked them for donations. as long time members why not just offer up what it is you have to offer, this thing has only been planned for a year! i was not in a position this year to offer anything other than my time, so thats what i did. the other thing i find troubling as well is you get on here and criticize an event and how it was handled and don't even show up, now thats class. IMO, you can keep your donations if the attitude comes with them.

I'am glad hookem started this though. My main suggestion for this event would be to have more involvment from all board members. It seemed vividly clear that some did ALOT more than others. Then get more members involved in the planning and set up of the event. more planned rides, games, prizes are all good ideas. I think more input by the entire "X" community in the planning would be very beneficial in the overall outcome of the event.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:04:01 PM by Crewsn »
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »

Getting feedback is acceptable and is welcomed to help form future events.  But it is not acceptable for those that didn’t attend to speak up and complain when they didn’t attend.  It is also not acceptable to make statements that are not true.  Everyone knows when the event occurs but no one steps up to offer to put the event on or to help during the event.  So to set the record straight…

Ride maps were there, I have last year’s maps.  Brock scanned them and I stood at HEB for 1 ½ hours photo copying them. 

Yes there was a schedule ride, Crewsn put the ride together and he and I spent many hours trying to build the map similar to past years.  I downloaded software, which took over 2 hours and rebuilt the map.  All of these including a preview of the ride stops were taped to the registration table so that the stops were not duplicated. 

I am the one that received all the registration forms, and drove to the bank to cash them.  I am the one that put the order together so that Paperpeddler could print shirts and pins. 

As far as the pin design goes, we looked at two members design and chose the one with the lower cost in order to keep our registration fee to a minimum. 

The BBQ dinner, I am the one that reserved this.  Ensured the right amount of food was ordered, delivered, served, and paid for. 

The park and the Pavilion, I am the one that organized the facility, coordinated the monies and paid the park. 

Donations, several members attempted to get them and everyone’s attempt was turned down.  You all that are speaking up to say you were not asked is bullshit, you should have volunteered…RocknRoll, VTX Chad and Hookem did. 

All I can say is, I am glad this is my last year and hope the next lucky soul gets as much support as I did.

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »

I just want to thank everyone who did contribute, no doubt the best was done with what you had to work with. This was my first and was not displeased in any way.
This thread is getting off track and going downhill fast, lets get back on track with suggestions for next year  :c I know for sure the people I had contact with were bigger than all this.   :banghead:

I would like to suggest maybe having crawfish boil - the time of year is right and I can't think of a better way to have a social meal. Peel, drink and eat, talk, peel, drink and eat. All we need is a somewhat accurate head count and I will haul up as many as we need.  :c :c 
I can also cook a butt load of Gumbo, I can cook big  :pot: All I ask is that on your way up pick up anything and I mean anything that is on the road and not stiff.  :pot:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »

Getting feedback is acceptable and is welcomed to help form future events.  But it is not acceptable for those that didn’t attend to speak up and complain when they didn’t attend.  It is also not acceptable to make statements that are not true.  Everyone knows when the event occurs but no one steps up to offer to put the event on or to help during the event.  So to set the record straight…

Ride maps were there, I have last year’s maps.  Brock scanned them and I stood at HEB for 1 ½ hours photo copying them. 

Yes there was a schedule ride, Crewsn put the ride together and he and I spent many hours trying to build the map similar to past years.  I downloaded software, which took over 2 hours and rebuilt the map.  All of these including a preview of the ride stops were taped to the registration table so that the stops were not duplicated. 

I am the one that received all the registration forms, and drove to the bank to cash them.  I am the one that put the order together so that Paperpeddler could print shirts and pins. 

As far as the pin design goes, we looked at two members design and chose the one with the lower cost in order to keep our registration fee to a minimum. 

The BBQ dinner, I am the one that reserved this.  Ensured the right amount of food was ordered, delivered, served, and paid for. 

The park and the Pavilion, I am the one that organized the facility, coordinated the monies and paid the park. 

Donations, several members attempted to get them and everyone’s attempt was turned down.  You all that are speaking up to say you were not asked is bullshit, you should have volunteered…RocknRoll, VTX Chad and Hookem did. 

All I can say is, I am glad this is my last year and hope the next lucky soul gets as much support as I did.

Even though Jim and I didn't go we want to tell you THANK YOU for all of your hard work.....................
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:41:29 PM by VTXLady53 »
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Demon

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »

HOLD ON JUST ONE MINUTE.....

That 1300 a/f screw was mine... >:D...darn it, Pete!?!  Just kidding...trying to lighten it up in here a little.   :thumbup: 

Unfortunately, I've missed the last two years, but at the LSR in '07 I donated some new stuff that I just had laying around in the garage.  The point is that all of us can bring something as a donation...we don't necessarily need to just rely on vendors.  Shoot, we have a whole year now to plan the next one, so maybe we can all buy something during the year and use it as a donation for BBT '10!!  It doesn't have to be something expensive...whoever "wins" it will appreciate it just the same.  Just an idea...

And if I'm there next year, I plan on leading a ride for only the 1300 riders.  It's called the "Catch Me If You Can" ride!  If someone catches me, I'll give them Steve's bike.  ;D

Steve...ain't nothin' to worry about!  8) 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal